SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

1. Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Anyone have any idea of what the big jump in school funds from 2015 to 2016 is? (UP 4.7 million dollars)
    Good question, maybe our new President decided athletics needed a big piece of the pie? Or, the new Kirby Smart driven BoR rules will keep our budget from growing more than 5% annually, right (at lease I think that was it)? Maybe, we just increased the school funds as much as we could right before that went into effect?

Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

I am not 100% certain but it could be the schedule/timing of when designated funds are moved in to pay for projects. Not wanting to call something by the wrong name but for instance if "X" dollars are appropriated to pay for a bond payment in year 2019. My guess is some of these ebb and flow and without seeing every single line item you will have variances from year-to-year.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Is the contributions the amount the AF turns over to the program? It can't be the actual contributions received for the year by the AF. (2009-2012 is the same amount)
    I'm not sure of accounting during the Baker years. 2012 was the year he stepped down.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Georgia State University

November 4, 2017 - 3PM EDT (ESPN3)

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Wow! Our 3rd string quarterback played because our new "system" got the first two nearly killed. If you don't believe we had depth last year, eh, never mind. It's not worth the keystrokes.
    GS finishes one game short of a decent season despite having last minute second choice atypical OC " Georgia recruiting magnets" and key injuries with a third string true freshman atypical QB with the best "first year last minute" recruiting class in school history. "Except for the QB".

While P.J. Fleck goes 1 and 11 in his first season at Western Michigan. 8 and 5 his second in 2014, 6 and 2 in conference and proceeds to set the world on fire and achieves rock star status.

While GS enjoys getting sued by iconic Georgia coaches and the current weak recruiting class.

Both a result of firing CG and CD one year too early.

Ah and CS is an idiot who can't do anything right and the GS mob is smart. Like CJAK.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    GS finishes one game short of a decent season despite having last minute second choice atypical OC " Georgia recruiting magnets" and key injuries with a third string true freshman atypical QB with the best "first year last minute" recruiting class in school history. "Except for the QB".

While P.J. Fleck goes 1 and 11 in his first season at Western Michigan. 8 and 5 his second in 2014, 6 and 2 in conference and proceeds to set the world on fire and achieves rock star status.

While GS enjoys getting sued by iconic Georgia coaches and the current weak recruiting class.

Ah and CS is an idiot who can't do anything right and the GS mob is smart. Like CJAK.
    Well, that was all over the place. I guess that is a shot at me, but it's hard to tell. I'm not that smart, but I do know our team had talent and had depth last year. The lack of depth will be evident at times this year.

no, not really on all counts.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

We actually have a Dean/Gillespie apologist on here? (At least that what I think is being implied). I actually think that's a first.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Actually D & G were let go a year too late.
    The law suite is a direct result of screwy contract stuff and perhaps some errors on both sides regarding follow up.

I agree with the sentiment however regarding Summers.
    We can't judge him overall based on year one. We can the OCs, they were the geniuses who took the number 1 rushing team in America (returning almost everybody) and turned them into a 5 win team. YES... the buck stops with CTS, but that debacle was the product of D&G.
    Summers has changed the "production"and the product should be much better. Sure we're lacking the experience in the ingredients, they aren't as seasoned. But we've got a new Cook!

The season certainly had highs and lows. Sparks of a decent team emerged at times. Only the App game final spread was an embarrassment with much of the point disparity occurring late with only 5 days to prepare after cross country travel. I'm not defending the OC situation as much as I'm pointing to the damage created by the mob behaving like spoiled kids impacting any potential to make solid decisions. Yes it was very bad at times but denying the negative impact of new staff, key injuries, and a difficult schedule is being remiss. Remiss is an understatement and the knowitalls on this board can be irritating. Despite the chest thumping we were not much better than our peers. Given the recruiting class the case could certainly be made that that would soon change. CG and CD are proven winners as "head coaches" and that's more than Fleck brought to the table with a 1 and 11 start. Recruiting may take a serious hit without those two. We need high school coaches on our team. The current situation is the reverse of helping.

The season certainly had highs and lows. Sparks of a decent team emerged at times. Only the App game final spread was an embarrassment with much of the point disparity occurring late with only 5 days to prepare after cross country travel. I'm not defending the OC situation as much as I'm pointing to the damage created by the mob behaving like spoiled kids impacting any potential to make solid decisions. Yes it was very bad at times but denying the negative impact of new staff, key injuries, and a difficult schedule is being remiss. Remiss is an understatement and the knowitalls on this board can be irritating. Despite the chest thumping we were not much better than our peers. Given the recruiting class the case could certainly be made that that would soon change. CG and CD are proven winners as "head coaches" and that's more than Fleck brought to the table with a 1 and 11 start. Recruiting may take a serious hit without those two. We need high school coaches on our team. The current situation is the reverse of helping.
    The App coaching staff was shown on TV late in the game laughing at our ineptness.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1