Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    And don't forget we spent $1 million+ to fix up Clements.
    If this was spent prior to year end it would/should be included in the expenses. If not, it might be a liability which are not included in the financial support. The bottom line is they appear to have access funds that could have pay the salaries instead they are going to most likely spend more that the originally obligation to make this go away.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Saban took over a dumpster fire. Summers took over arguably one of the most talent GS teams ever, obviously the one with the most depth ever.

TK deserves criticism for a lot lately but finances he is killing it, look at Sav St for comparison on what poor financial leadership looks like. Remember this is his first AD job, I doubt he is the same AD four years from now and will grow from some of his poor decisions.

Come fall will we be adding the Sav Campus fees? That should be an additional 2-3M right?
    We had so much depth we had to start a true Freshman quarterback.......

And I find your comment validating Kleinlein interesting. You give him a pass because it is his first AD job, but you slam Coach Summers who is in the same position. Except Kleinlein has now been on the job several years.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Name college coach in their right mind that would come here, knowing they had 1 year to prove themselves. Using that logic, Alabama should have fired Saban for going 6-5 and losing to a Sun Belt school in his 1st season. It's common sense why TS was kept. In case you don't understand, it's so future coaches will want to come here. Hate to break it to you, but Summers will be here in 2018 barring an arrest.
    This is not a good comparison. Saban had a track record of winning prior to Alabama. Saban had won a National Championship, won a bowl game in first year, had a winning record against tougher competition in year one, and also beat a ranked team in his first year.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post

And I find your comment validating Kleinlein interesting. You give him a pass because it is his first AD job, but you slam Coach Summers who is in the same position. Except Kleinlein has now been on the job several years.
    Wow! Our 3rd string quarterback played because our new "system" got the first two nearly killed. If you don't believe we had depth last year, eh, never mind. It's not worth the keystrokes.

5. Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Overall team depth...good lord ONE position and ONE game does not define depth for an entire team....We actually had two legit starters at the QB position at the beginning of the season, usually you dont lose two QB's to injury but I digress with basic common sense. We have several players likely to make an NFL team on both sides of the ball, that was pretty good depth.

I give TK credit where credit is due as he has done a ton of good with the bad. He actually hit the ground running as an AD and most mis steps have come since Fritz left. CTS has little good to show other than community service he has literally failed in all other areas of being a HC. If we killed it on D and not on O then I would give him credit for an awesome defense but both stunk and so did the 28 spot drop in recruiting rankings. Please let me know where he was above average as a HC in any area in case I missed something. Where as I can show you just as much good TK has done with the bad. Hiring Summers not good, taking us from second to last in revenue in the conference ...good. Simple enough for you?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

[QUOTE=JDC325;849592]Saban took over a dumpster fire. Summers took over arguably one of the most talent GS teams ever, obviously the one with the most depth ever.

TK deserves criticism for a lot lately but finances he is killing it, look at Sav St for comparison on what poor financial leadership looks like. Remember this is his first AD job, I doubt he is the same AD four years from now and will grow from some of his poor decisions.

Come fall will we be adding the Sav Campus fees? That should be an additional 2-3M right?[/QUOTE]

It always seems to come down to we want your money but we don't want you. Go back and look at your posts over the last six months and the negative things you have said about Armstrong while you still slobber over their potential athletic fees.

Oh! And by the way, it's the Armstrong Campus not the Sav Campus whatever the hell that is.
    Last edited by GeecheeEagle; 7th July 2017 at 05:22 PM.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

8. Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post

It always seems to come down to we want your money but we don't want you. Go back and look at your posts over the last six months and the negative things you have said about Armstrong while you still slobber over their potential athletic fees.

Oh! And by the way, it's the Armstrong Campus not the Sav Campus whatever the hell that is.
    I believe he was simply asking a question (the question marks gave it away), not sure how that translates to slobbering over potential athletic fees. A single posters opinion of ASU (negative or positive) has nothing to do with the fact that the GSUAF will likely receive addional funding from the new GS campus.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I believe he was simply asking a question (the question marks gave it away), not sure how that translates to slobbering over potential athletic fees. A single posters opinion of ASU (negative or positive) has nothing to do with the fact that the GSUAF will likely receive addional funding from the new GS campus.
    The fees have not been decided yet. But from what TK said at the Coach's Caravan in Atlanta when I asked, it will be more than they were paying but less than the Statesboro campus.

$190 - Armstrong
    $179 - Statesboro

https://www.armstrong.edu/images/upl..._Undergrad.pdf
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-...1xMGItZEU/view

So roughly 7,000 students times $179 = $1.25M per semester.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 7th July 2017 at 10:24 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I would love to see the numbers before TK and currently for donations and other income items (name rights, advertising, etc) Higher student fees, ticket prices, parking passes and the benefits on the new conference (which is probably offset by higher costs) appear to be the majority of the increases. (plus shafting a few coaches along the way)