SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I would love to see the numbers before TK and currently for donations and other income items (name rights, advertising, etc) Higher student fees, ticket prices, parking passes and the benefits on the new conference (which is probably offset by higher costs) appear to be the majority of the increases. (plus shafting a few coaches along the way)
    Legally they have to keep 7 years of data, so it may be out there online already. If not, it's a simple FOIA request away. Or he BOR website may have archived data.

Fact is corporate sponsorships are way up. I forgot the figure. Season tickets are up.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I would love to see the numbers before TK and currently for donations and other income items (name rights, advertising, etc) Higher student fees, ticket prices, parking passes and the benefits on the new conference (which is probably offset by higher costs) appear to be the majority of the increases. (plus shafting a few coaches along the way)
    You can click on the name of the school in the USA today link and get year-by-year breakdowns for ticket sales, school funds, student fees, and percent subsidy. Our "contributions" went up a lot from 2015 to 2016 making me wonder if this was a one-time donation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Let me start this by saying I have zero clue how schollies are paid out, but I assume a full ride is a full ride including all costs.

My source is GS.
    http://businesssrvs.georgiasouthern.edu/bursar/office-of-student-accounts/tuition-and-fees/
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4n...FpNmZrSXM/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4n...BzaERyeFE/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4n...VSQnlidmc/view

Fall and Spring costs:
    15+ Hours 3,711
    Estimated Books 600
    Residence Hall 3,285
    Residence Hall Activity Fee 20
    Meals 1,725
    Total On Campus per semester 9,341

$18,682 - This doesn't even include RAC fee, technology fee, FBS fee, Green fee etc.
    $24,562 - including COA

Throw in summer which likely are football players only.
    $4,300

Grand total of $28,862

Per the AF website, they say nearly 400. Let's use 350.
    $24,562 x 350 = $8,596,700

That's the cost to fully fund every scholarship we give out. Not sure how non revenue sports work, but I doubt we are giving out many full rides to those teams.
    Had to bring this one over here.

According to the SMN article, we're paying out $6 million.

So 1peat, you said that TK said we'd need an additional $4 million to reach the maximum allowable aid?
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    You can click on the name of the school in the USA today link and get year-by-year breakdowns for ticket sales, school funds, student fees, and percent subsidy. Our "contributions" went up a lot from 2015 to 2016 making me wonder if this was a one-time donation.

So 1peat, you said that TK said we'd need an additional $4 million to reach the maximum allowable aid?
    I know we got a big donation to upgrade the baseball field. I believe $1 Million was the amount.

4. Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

I know we got a big donation to upgrade the baseball field. I believe $1 Million was the amount.
    Wow, so basically the upgrades to JI did not cost GS much/anything? The upgrades are nice, but I cannot imagine they cost much more then $1mm.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Wow, so basically the upgrades to JI did not cost GS much/anything? The upgrades are nice, but I cannot imagine they cost much more then $1mm.
    A lot of the cost of the fence was covered by insurance as well after the storms tore down part of the existing fence.

That was a little bit of luck out of a bad situation.

This is the best you're going to get. It might be possible to get the Athletic Foundation to reprint all the annual reports for the last 5ish years, but good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

TK said our full cost of scholarships is $4.5M. So we're obviosly not funding full rides for every scholarship given out. Outside the big boy in the P5's I don't anyone else is either in non revenue sports.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Anyone have any idea of what the big jump in school funds from 2015 to 2016 is? (UP 4.7 million dollars)
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Anyone have any idea of what the big jump in school funds from 2015 to 2016 is? (UP 4.7 million dollars)
    Hanner problems?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    This is the best you're going to get. It might be possible to get the Athletic Foundation to reprint all the annual reports for the last 5ish years, but good luck.

Is the contributions the amount the AF turns over to the program? It can't be the actual contributions received for the year by the AF. (2009-2012 is the same amount)