Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What is your Record Prediction for 2017?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

Default 2017 Record Prediction Poll

Can't remember if we ever actually had a thread for this before.

Here's my breakdown. I don't do predictions for every game, just for groups of games

Lose to Auburn
    Lose 2 of these 4: Indiana, App State, Arkansas State, Troy
    Lose 1 of these 7: UMass, UNH, NMSU, Georgia State, South Alabama, ULL, Coastal Carolina

8-4 overall.

The ordering of the games works in our favor with the hardest game and one of the easiest ones to start out with, followed by an off week before the one home game in the middle group of games.

EDIT - Fixed it, thanks boroeagle2
    Last edited by BillyBob; 10th July 2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Can't remember if we ever actually had a thread for this before.

Here's my breakdown. I don't do predictions for every game, just for groups of games

Lose to Auburn
    Lose 2 of these 4: Indiana, App State, Arkansas State, Troy
    Lose 1 of these 7: UMass, UNH, NMSU, Georgia State, UMass, ULL, Coastal Carolina

8-4 overall.

The ordering of the games works in our favor with the hardest game and one of the easiest ones to start out with, followed by an off week before the one home game in the middle group of games.
    You double counted UMass, and missing someone, ULM or USA maybe? I'll have to look.

Edit: it's USA
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

3-9 but we'll have a lot of fun watching this new offense develop.
    GATA!

Wow, I'm sure this has already been posted and talked about, but ESPN FPI has us only favored in 4 games and a projected record of 5-7 (rounded).
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...=290&year=2017
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

5. Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

7-5

losses to Auburn, Indiana, App, Troy, pitiful loss to one of South Alabama, Ga State, Coastal.

close win against 9-3 UCF in the Cure Bowl. Promising momentum headed into 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Wow, I'm sure this has already been posted and talked about, but ESPN FPI has us only favored in 4 games and a projected record of 5-7 (rounded).
    http://www.espn.com/college-football...=290&year=2017
    I'd have to believe that our situation would rate as the 'perfect storm' in making us the proverbial 'sleeper' relative to any computerized analysis as well as anyone rating us who doesn't REALLY look into the intangibles and potential upside on us. That said, I'm surprised we're even this high, because I imagine we look like a train wreck on paper (bad season, lost starters, youth, etc.). I view us kind of like a knuckle baller coming off an injury-riddled season. No reason for anyone to put money on us, but if we get a little of our mojo going, the sky's the limit.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I'd have to believe that our situation would rate as the 'perfect storm' in making us the proverbial 'sleeper' relative to any computerized analysis as well as anyone rating us who doesn't REALLY look into the intangibles and potential upside on us. That said, I'm surprised we're even this high, because I imagine we look like a train wreck on paper (bad season, lost starters, youth, etc.). I view us kind of like a knuckle baller coming off an injury-riddled season. No reason for anyone to put money on us, but if we get a little of our mojo going, the sky's the limit.
    I agree. I'm not predicting crazy amounts of success, but even a small step forward in offensive production would make for an improvement of 1-2 wins over last season. Throw in the usual knocks given to teams with lots of new coaches and the general difficulty computers seem to have with properly evaluating option-heavy teams and there is a lot of potential silver lining for those who want to find it.

Sad thing is the FPI is a terrible indicator for any team not in the SEC.

I haven't checked Bill Connelly's ranking yet, but his analysis is typically a lot better, especially for teams at our level.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

I think we will go 6-6 in the regular season.

I picked the minimum we should yearly expect out of a GS football team, 7-5. Anything less is unexceptionable.