Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What is your Record Prediction for 2017?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    There isn't a whole lot of football going on right now anyway except S&C.
    Lol this time last year S&C was a complete mess. We just didn't know it yet.

Things that concern me for this season:
    Older offensive players on their 3rd coaching style/terminology in 3 years; younger on their 2nd in 2 years
    Cook's transition from working under/with a coaching legend who knows the offense backwards and forwards to working under a still-wet-behind-the-ears defensive coordinator as HC
    Summers ability to motivate/administrate the entire team
    Summers in-game decision making
    Depth everywhere (this is for any team not unique to GS)

Things that don't concern me for this season:
    Lack of talented players
    Lack of S&C Program
    Lack of innovative offensive development/playcalling
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Should be an interesting season with the new offense in place. I'm going with 6-6 at a minimum since there may be growing pains on the offense. As for the defense, Summers and Zo better make them top 2 in the Conference or else this defense is a failure. With Southern running the ball more and less "3 and out's", I'm expecting big things from this defense. Personally, there is a chance we can compete for the conference championship if the offense jells faster than expected!

5-7 Until I see cook's offense have success i'm gonna expect more of the same.

This is the most negative i've felt about our teams chances of success in my history as a fan.
    Last edited by Joseph; 12th July 2017 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    5-7 Until I see cook's offense have success i'm gonna expect more of the same.

This is the most negative i've felt about our teams chances of success in my history as a fan.
    Spoiler: The offensive coaching will be better this year. The question is by how much.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Should be an interesting season with the new offense in place. I'm going with 6-6 at a minimum since there may be growing pains on the offense. As for the defense, Summers and Zo better make them top 2 in the Conference or else this defense is a failure. With Southern running the ball more and less "3 and out's", I'm expecting big things from this defense. Personally, there is a chance we can compete for the conference championship if the offense jells faster than expected!

We are very young on defense. Expecting them to be top 2 in the conference is setting yourself up for failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

8. Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

I'm sticking with 6-6.

I'll say we gut out a bowl game win as well to finish 7-6.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.
    Which 7 games are you "lead pipe locking" and which is the 8th "legit shot"? I'll gladly eat crow.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

10. Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

+1

IMO it should be very difficult to get anything less then 6 wins with this talent running an option offense in the Sun Belt.