SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: What is your Record Prediction for 2017?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

Oldfart, Cliff, I'm interested to hear your thought process that lead you to think we'd win fewer than 4.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

2. Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I voted 6-6, surprised by all the optimism. Hope yall are more right than me.
    +1

6-6
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Oldfart, Cliff, I'm interested to hear your thought process that lead you to think we'd win fewer than 4.
    I refuse to get negative or be cast in that light this upcoming season until we see how things pan out. I will be there to root out eagles on to victory no matter what. That said, it's really hard for me to believe that you don't understand the reasoning behind my prediction. It means that you've haven't read any of my posts since the SSU game last year or either you're trying to get me pissed off again. Nope, that ain't gonna work. I'm Mr. Rainbows and Sunshine until the season gets underway.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

5. Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

I just have a hard time seeing less than 6 wins. A lot of people are citing our loss of offensive talent but to me, it feels like the offseason before 2014. Coming off a dismal 2013 season except for that signature win to redeem the entire season, we had a new, unproven coaching staff, we lost Jerrick mcKinnon, and at that point had a young unknown QB in ellison. 2014 ended up being one of our best seasons in Eagle history. It's also already been pointed out that we were a single touchdown in three games away from being 8-4 last season. I'm willing to give Summers the BOTD and see what Summers and Cook and coach up for the fall.

I voted 4-8. Every time I start to feel optimistic about the program another scandal drops. That tells me there's a lot more than football going on.

Quote Originally Posted by GangsterGUS View Post
    I voted 4-8. Every time I start to feel optimistic about the program another scandal drops. That tells me there's a lot more than football going on.
    There isn't a whole lot of football going on right now anyway except S&C.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

8. Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

6-6 for me. I hope for better, but I am concerned about youth and inexperience, although, I am encouraged in what I have seen in the change in CTS's demeanor. Hopeful that he is ready to actually fit into the role of head coach of an FBS football team.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I'm looking at the schedule:

1-3 out of the gate with a hopeful win against UNH which brings us to homecoming vs. NMSU. This is a game which, if we win convincingly, could change my worse than 4-8 prediction to 6-6 or better. Losing to NMSU means probable losses to 3 of the next 4 granting a hopeful win against Ga St. I have no confidence in CTS to "right the ship" should we find ourselves 1-4 or 2-7. The last 3 vs USA, ULL, and Coastal might still be toss-ups, but the "momentum" of the season may see an 0-3 to 1-2 finish.

Edited to add that I'll be thrilled if I'm totally wrong and apologize for questioning the competence and focus of Tyson Summers. I will self-impose a ban of posting anything but sunshine and roses with no sarcasm for 1 year.
    Last edited by The_Eagles_Cliff; 11th July 2017 at 08:31 AM.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

10. Default Re: 2017 Record Prediction Poll

I see several 6-6 predictions, but technically the probability of that happening is very minimal. That would mean we do not get invited to a bowl game.

I understand that we can end the regular season at 6-6, but if we do then we will likely have a 13th game and IMO that 13th game would become very significant. As it will determine whether or not CTS enjoys his first winning season as a HC (and GS' 2nd ever bowl game win), or goes does down in college football history as the only coach to be on the sideline of three GS losing seasons (and GS' only bowl game loss) in the modern era.