Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

Default Re: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    It would be nice to get back to handling the SBC before we get a Big 12 to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    They dont have to be mutually exclusive.
    I really cant stand when people say things like that. When the uga ducking us story came out of Facebook of course the resident wet blanket had to chime in with "lets worry about beating GaSt first, baby steps", blah blah blah....Why not be good enough to beat both and take a huge leap. I dont get wanting to get better but just a little bit at a time.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    More tickets for a P5 visitor means zip in the grand scheme of things. Appy has less seats than we do. That excuse is a Bakerism
    Actual seats? They also brought in a ton of additional seating for UM. Also this just in UM had to take the game with App not because they wanted to. Using that game as an example is pure ignorance or just trying to find a reason to be mad at TK. With a Big 12 team allotment probably is not the issue as I doubt the demand would be great and it would have to be a dumb two for one as we would not bring fans to their place.

Our best bet for a H&H is a mid tier P5 within driving distance that does not sell out every game as we would guarantee a sell out for them in return. Sorta like hmmm Wake Forest and them being right down the road from App. We have GT and that is it.

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Very good point!

App is who we should be comparing ourselves to. Every time I see them doing something good, I think "THAT should be us."

I hope they beat UGA-and get Kirby Smart fired. He's one of those guys I knew I would absolutely hate from the first glance. Complete weasel.
    Wants to be Saban without Saban accomplishments, more than likely will be Muschump 2.0

you missed JDC's point.

No game is going to be turned down on the basis of a couple of seats. Appy brought in extra seats? It wasn't for Miami fans. This is the worst of all excuses for the P5 home game thing.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

5. Default Re: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Very good point!

App is who we should be comparing ourselves to. Every time I see them doing something good, I think "THAT should be us."

I hope they beat UGA-and get Kirby Smart fired. He's one of those guys I knew I would absolutely hate from the first glance. Complete weasel.
    +1 (App & the weasel)

However, I cannot support App beating UGA before GS does, no way.

I hope Kirby drags the program down for a while before he is terminated. Prediction- Eason looks into transferring to Miami after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Wants to be Saban without Saban accomplishments, more than likely will be Muschump 2.0
    I will take that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I hope Kirby drags the program down for a while before he is terminated. Prediction- Eason looks into transferring to Miami after this season.
    And this bet.

Kirby isn't Saban (few are even close) but he's not Muschamp either. And one thing he's definitely not doing is dragging that program down. It's already in much better shape than what he found and it's only getting better. If he gets fired he is going to leave the next guy a loaded roster and facilities and support that's all MUCH better than what he inherited. With the talent he is bringing in, that staff is going to have to inhale vigorously something fierce to get fired though.

As for Eason, he's going to be the starter all year barring injury. So why would he transfer to Miami after the season and have to sit out the 2018 season and then play college football at Miami in 2019 when he's positioned to be a high first round pick in the 2019 NFL draft and get paid millions to play professional ball in 2019?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

7. Default Re: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

I will take that bet.

And this bet.

Kirby isn't Saban (few are even close) but he's not Muschamp either. And one thing he's definitely not doing is dragging that program down. It's already in much better shape than what he found and it's only getting better. If he gets fired he is going to leave the next guy a loaded roster and facilities and support that's all MUCH better than what he inherited. With the talent he is bringing in, that staff is going to have to inhale vigorously something fierce to get fired though.

As for Eason, he's going to be the starter all year barring injury. So why would he transfer to Miami after the season and have to sit out the 2018 season and then play college football at Miami in 2019 when he's positioned to be a high first round pick in the 2019 NFL draft and get paid millions to play professional ball in 2019?
    Because he will want to play for a winner/contender.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Because he will want to play for a winner/contender.

Okay so the question of why will he transfer to Miami still stands then.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

9. Default Re: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

Half, I am not buying into any of this Kirby Smart hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Half, I am not buying into any of this Kirby Smart hype.

What aren't you buying? It's 100% fact that the facilities are improving under his watch and so is the roster.

I haven't see anybody that's hyping him as some great head coach. The jury is still out on that. But you don't accumulate the talent he is and have Will Muschamp results. It's pretty much impossible.