SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

Default Re: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I knew Kirby Smart wasn't serious about winning when he hired Jim Chainey as his OC.
    I would choose not to go with a pro-style coach if I had my way, but assuming you're wedded to that offense and think that's the only way to play football (like UGA and LSU seem to think) it can be hard to make an overly sexy hire at OC.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 15th July 2017 at 06:07 PM.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

2. Default Re: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    I'd argue that anytime you get the UGA job its a pretty good situation. It's easily a top 10 job in the country.

Really?

Top 10?

If so, how come they haven't won more national championships? Tech had many more-and they haven't been anywhere near "top 10" in a looooong time. In fact, they have more recent NCs.

(Did I mention how much I HATE UGA?)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Really?

Top 10?

If so, how come they haven't won more national championships? Tech had many more-and they haven't been anywhere near "top 10" in a looooong time. In fact, they have more recent NCs.

UGA has top-10 recruiting classes every year. If they're not a top 10 program, a lot of prospects aren't getting the memo. It's fair to say UGA has underachieved for quite a while, but program rating in my eyes is where is your program when you take coaching quality out of consideration.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Really?

Top 10?

Because they tremendously underachieve. (And I love watching them do it)

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Well yeah, he will get fired. That doesn't change that the next coach will walk into a better situation than Kirby did though.
    Kirby Smart will get fired if he "only" wins 74 percent of his games? That's harsh. Only Meyer, Saban, Fisher, and Swinney have a higher winning percentage in the P5 than Richt.

Would UGA fans be happier if Smart's tenure turned out more like Gene Chizik's at Auburn than Richt's at UGA? Is it all about a national title, even if it means firing the guy two years later, rather than consistent success?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Great, you know how to forward a previous message, congratulations. Step two, read them.

Feel free to translate then. I read what you said. Eason WILL NOT look into transferring to Miami or anywhere else after this season. Like you said he would.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    Because they tremendously underachieve. (And I love watching them do it)
    thUGA and TN seem to have the underachieving thing down so well, that I call their early season match-up, the "We'll Be Great Next Year Bowl", it seems as soon as that game is over the excuses begin and the talk of the stockpiled recruits starts.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Let's not blame CKS for all the new facility enhancements at UG. All that started because the last DC called out UG for not having the facilities they needed to compete. The embarrassed and incompetent AD knew at that point he had to quit riding it out and start doing his job for UG to raise the level of that program to the big boys.

Pruitt definitely had some influence. But Smart has taken it to the next level. If nothing else Smart knows what it takes to have an elite program. He had all that support in place before he took the job.

And from what I've read The incompetent AD didn't have as much to do with it as the new president did. McGarity is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

9. Default Re: Number of tickets allocated for visiting team

UGA is top 10 in my opinion as well. They're a flagship school in the most takent rich State behind the Big 3 (FL, TX, CA), and they're in the SEC. They take football very seriously and have tons of money.

If you had to pick a job that it SHOULD be easy to win at... it's UGA.

Florida is in the same boat. As is Texas, Ohio State etc...

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Pruitt definitely had some influence. But Smart has taken it to the next level. If nothing else Smart knows what it takes to have an elite program. He had all that support in place before he took the job.

And from what I've read The incompetent AD didn't have as much to do with it as the new president did. McGarity is a joke.
    I agree.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1