SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study

Default UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study

UALR is only going to have to pay 1/3 of the cost of the feasibility study. The City of Little Rock, and the Arkansas Department of Parks and Tourism will pay the other 2/3 of the cost for the feasibility study.

http://lrtrojans.com/sports/2017/7/1...ity-study.aspx
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

2. Default Re: UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study

They'll have to triple their athletic budget in order to be in line with most other Sun a Belt schools. Good luck with that.

3. Default Re: UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study

Wow, good for UALR. I am sure folks in Jonesboro are not too happy about that possibility.

I assume the SBC would welcome Trojan football with open arms... that would mean 11 football members, 11, hmmm...

4. Default Re: UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    They'll have to triple their athletic budget in order to be in line with most other Sun a Belt schools. Good luck with that.
    It's only a couple million less than we started with...

Default Re: UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Wow, good for UALR. I am sure folks in Jonesboro are not too happy about that possibility.

I assume the SBC would welcome Trojan football with open arms... that would mean 11 football members, 11, hmmm...
    I doubt we go past ten. There is zero reason to. No realistic G5 or FCS school will bring in more money for the conference. No way the schools vote to feed another mouth and lose hundreds of thousands of dollars from the playoffs payout and media contracts.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I doubt we go past ten. There is zero reason to. No realistic G5 or FCS school will bring in more money for the conference. No way the schools vote to feed another mouth and lose hundreds of thousands of dollars from the playoffs payout and media contracts.
    UALR does not need to have an invite, they are already a full member of the conference. If they get a team together then they get to play in the league.

I wouldn't be overly thrilled at them becoming the 11th member unless they can come up with the money to be competitive.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

UALR excites me none. UTA, on the other hand, is much more appealing.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post

I think the big time opposition will be the Hog folks over in Fayetteville. I wouldn't be shocked if the results are negative toward football since they have that UA in their name.

9. Default Re: UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study

Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    I think the big time opposition will be the Hog folks over in Fayetteville. I wouldn't be shocked if the results are negative toward football since they have that UA in their name.
    The University of Arkansas would love for them to start a program because it would allow them to stop playing games in Little Rock. The U of A use to play all their games there but has been trying to stop but the state legislature is involved. If UALR had a team, that would occupy the stadium without the Razorbacks having to travel there. Stadium in Fayetteville is much nicer and seats more so they have no interests in continuing to play there.
    Chris Butler
    Athletic Foundation Member Since 2004
    Georgia Southern Class of '04 & '08

No institution can be truly great until it is rooted in the fine traditions of the past.
    -President Guy Wells, December 12th, 1932

10. Default Re: UALR Will Conduct Football/Marching Band Feasibility Study

Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    You could be right, I just feel like it is more likely that UALR and StAte will be fighting each other over UA's table-scraps. IMO GS was probably more distraught with Ga State starting a football program then UGA.