Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updates to Clear Bag Policy

Default Re: Updates to Clear Bag Policy

Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    Those damn things made for a miserable day for us at the last GT game...
    How so? I haven't personally used them, I've just seen them.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    How so? I haven't personally used them, I've just seen them.
    My wife and I had two seats between them. So basically we were splitting a seat and a half. We were seated among a group of old geezers that also complained when we were down a row to stretch of 4 open seats in the third quarter. Turned out to be the only issue I've ever had at an away game with opposing fans (which includes 4 of our games in Athens.)

While on the subject of seating space, does anyone understand how/where the seat space boundaries are? A couple of years ago I would sit right on top of my number, and I had people right up on me because they said the number was the edge of the seat. I sit up in the mid-deck and did notice last year that it looks like they had took up the original numbers and put down new ones, just shifted over a few inches. No one was really around us last year though, so I didn't have any issues. Could anyone clarify that for me?
    OAS AAS LLS

4. Default Re: Updates to Clear Bag Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Venaros View Post
    While on the subject of seating space, does anyone understand how/where the seat space boundaries are? A couple of years ago I would sit right on top of my number, and I had people right up on me because they said the number was the edge of the seat. I sit up in the mid-deck and did notice last year that it looks like they had took up the original numbers and put down new ones, just shifted over a few inches. No one was really around us last year though, so I didn't have any issues. Could anyone clarify that for me?
    Typically, the number is the center of the seat. You normally have 9 inches to either side. The way to tell if this comes up again is to show them the first number in the row. If what they said were true, #1 would be at the edge of the bleacher.

5. Default Re: Updates to Clear Bag Policy

There are two of us and we have three tickets...for comfort. Have been doing this for over 25 years. Are we entitled to 48" of bench space? If so, we can continue to carry our two 20" seats?

This 18" thing is purely a fat tax.......
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

7. Default Re: Updates to Clear Bag Policy

Saw this article in the GA regarding Campus Carry. One thing that jumped out at me was confirmation that the campus carry law was a reason they implemented the clear bag policy. E22 I think you called this as the probable reason for clear bag back in June.

“We instituted it to make entering safer and faster for fans. Fans will be stopped and searched quicker…[campus carry] brought the policy on sooner because with this law being there,” Scull said.

http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/news/ar...4a32a342c.html
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Saw this article in the GA regarding Campus Carry. One thing that jumped out at me was confirmation that the campus carry law was a reason they implemented the clear bag policy. E22 I think you called this as the probable reason for clear bag back in June.

“We instituted it to make entering safer and faster for fans. Fans will be stopped and searched quicker…[campus carry] brought the policy on sooner because with this law being there,” Scull said.

http://www.thegeorgeanne.com/news/ar...4a32a342c.html
    Hey, someone reads my posts
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.