Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you?

Default Re: Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    If Tampax wants to pay enough money and call it the tampon bowl, I'm game.

I would say if a donor could match what Allen Paulson donated in the early 80s adjusted for inflation then that should be sufficient.
    About $2.5MM, for what it's worth.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    I'm a traditionalist. I typically hate all things new - monkeying around with uni's, facemasks, school buses, potent offensive schemes, chicken joints, bbq, the planetary status of Pluto are all sources of ire for me, usually.

However.....I'm also a capitalist. Every inch of visible space on my vehicle is for rent as well as most of my skin. Money talks and SwampEagle listens. I may be a ho, but not a cheap ho. That being said.....if the right price was there....and {NOTE CAVEAT} if it could be done tastefully, this would exclude the Tampax example mentioned above, I would not object to changing Allen E Paulson stadium to a corporate type name. I mean, if you think about it, they didn't name it Allen E Paulson stadium b/c he didn't give money to the school.......
    I make the dealership take off their stupid logo when I buy a vehicle because they don't pay me to drive around advertising for them. Does anyone else do this?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    I make the dealership take off their stupid logo when I buy a vehicle because they don't pay me to drive around advertising for them. Does anyone else do this?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

4. Default Re: Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    I always remove them myself and replace it with a chrome GS emblem/decal. In fact, I just went through that process again 2 weeks ago with my newest vehicle. However, I cannot find the one I had on my last car, the primary athletic logo... Please me know if you see one.

5. Default Re: Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Take the $$$. Name it whatever

'Beautiful Whatever Stadium'

(It does have a kinda nice ring to it.)

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    This is not based on any info inside or otherwise, just a random thought I had driving home, and I have no idea what type of restrictions there might be on this if any.

Would you be ok with changing the name of Paulson to that of a corporate sponsor for a nice financial commitment?

How much $ would it take? Would it have to be hyphenated, or preserving the Paulson name somehow?

Just curious where people stand on this. (Off-season thread, lol)
    UAlbany got I think 15 million from a family to "name" their football stadium. The "field" is still called the Bob Ford field(named after their former HC that built the program from scratch). Money talks. Let me check my "books", lets see, "Welcome everyone to Statesboro GA and the campus of GS. Should be a great game today here at "THE GARNS", stadium never looked better and Southern is playing good football........"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    UAlbany got I think 15 million from a family to "name" their football stadium. The "field" is still called the Bob Ford field(named after their former HC that built the program from scratch). Money talks. Let me check my "books", lets see, "Welcome everyone to Statesboro GA and the campus of GS. Should be a great game today here at "THE GARNS", stadium never looked better and Southern is playing good football........"
    Don't forget oldfart field(nice ring to it btw) and the natural grass with the state of the art drainage system. Just an observation, but our Isht started falling apart after we got artificial turf. Just sayin.
    GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Don't forget oldfart field(nice ring to it btw) and the natural grass with the state of the art drainage system. Just an observation, but our Isht started falling apart after we got artificial turf. Just sayin.
    Kudos OF! With all the hullabaloo over our competent HC leaving, I don't think I remember anyone blaming our recent ****tiness on the new turf before, but it had to happen eventually.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

I would say take the money - if it is SIGNIFICANT, and by significant I mean changes how our athletic department will operate for minimum 10 years - and somehow honor the Paulsons with a plaque or some sort of spot in the stadium to show that they were instrumental in that stadium being there.

Also, despite what the name changes to, it will always be Paulson Stadium to the majority of Eagle fans for years and years.

Robert Creel
    Class of '03 and '05

I can see the need or the funding and therefore don't mind it changing. But I would prefer that the name and the new sponsor somehow continue to honor the Paulson name and legacy. Something like Chik-Fil-A/Paulson Stadium or Coca-Cola/Paulson Stadium. I don't like the idea of it changing often, so whatever it changed too should be a very significant amount and should be a very long-term deal.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA