Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you?

1. Default Re: Would you?

Maybe if Gulfstream gets wind of this (pardon the pun) they would
    make a pre-emptive donation of significant value to preserve the Paulson name on the stadium.

Default Re: Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Serious question not being a jerk, what are some other ways that you have in mind?
    Maybe a hall of fame recognizing downers with bronze bust with the significance of the contribution and or the impact of the gift or naming parts of the stadium such as the concourse or tailgate areas locker rooms or whatever. Kinda no limit to what can be done to perpetually recognize the donor. The Luptons should always be recognized for the gift but the thousands of photos particularly with Erk are likely more meaningful than the old building as it were. Kinda doubt the Luptons had any reservations when Gene offered up and seeing the images of the replacement. The entire stadium naming rights should be nimble. Offering up a stadium in the beginning is huge and should be appropriately recognized forever.

3. Default Re: Would you?

I can't stand changing the name of facilities, any facility. It was named after someone for a reason and to change it is disrespectful. If it wasn't for Paulson, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    I make the dealership take off their stupid logo when I buy a vehicle because they don't pay me to drive around advertising for them. Does anyone else do this?
    I won't take delivery of car with a dealer logo on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TiftEagle View Post
    Maybe if Gulfstream gets wind of this (pardon the pun) they would
    make a pre-emptive donation of significant value to preserve the Paulson name on the stadium.
    Not sure it would have the same impact on General Dynamics who owns Gulfstream.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

Ellis Meat Market stadium where the eagles butcher their opponents

Andrews Klean Korner Koliseum - The Eagles will take you to the kleaners

Quote Originally Posted by O.M.T. GATA View Post
    Ellis Meat Market stadium where the eagles butcher their opponents

Andrews Klean Korner Koliseum - The Eagles will take you to the kleaners

YIKES never mind on the second (embarrassed face) dont think klean korner koliseum would be the best name... didn't think that one through

I have no problem with someone paying for an entire refurbished South Stands concourse/press box/luxury boxes/loge boxes/etc and sticking a really big logo on the building itself and even naming it after them.

But it will still say Allen E. Paulson Stadium. That should never change.

We don't want to be those people that end up with something like Movie Gallery Stadium......paid for by a company that doesn't exist anymore.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

I found 2 FBS Teams that have combined Private Donor/Corporate Stadium names on this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tball_stadiums

Western Kentucky--Houchens Industries--L.T. Smith Stadium
    Texas Tech--Jones AT&T Stadium

I've always thought that WKU was a very significant peer to us in terms of size, prestige within their state, and many other factors (had a former co-worker that went there and just the "feel" of WKU that she talked about was very similar to ours). This describes their naming situation, and something that would possibly be great for us.
    On July 19, 2007, WKU reported that Houchens Industries, a long-time corporate supporter of WKU, made a $5 million commitment to an expansion and renovation project for the school's football stadium. In honor of the gift, WKU added Houchens Industries to the name of L. T. Smith Stadium. Today, the stadium is now titled as Houchens Industries–L. T. Smith Stadium.

So how would everyone feel about Gulfstream Industries-A.E. Paulson Stadium, or Rotary Industries-A.E. Paulson Stadium? I think I'd like more than $5 million, but I might be ok with it for $10...
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

How much would it take to have Erk's statue removed and replaced with one of the donor?

How about we change the fight song to the corporate jingle of a major corp donor?

I am as big a capitalist as there is, but somethings should be sacred.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    How much would it take to have Erk's statue removed and replaced with one of the donor?

How about we change the fight song to the corporate jingle of a major corp donor?

I am as big a capitalist as there is, but somethings should be sacred.
    So the name of the stadium is sacred?
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.