SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you?

Default Re: Would you?

Morris and Anne Lupton Building got torn down and I don't think they've got their names prominently anywhere in the stadium.

Should the Bishop building be the Bishop-Lupton Building?

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    So the name of the stadium is sacred?
    Traditions should be sacred.

Traditions mean very little to the young folks who did not live the times though.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post

Traditions mean very little to the young folks who did not live the times though.
    Who's to say that a new tradition couldn't be created? Some major company created by GS grads, is prominent in our region, and/or has a CEO with ties here wants to immortalize that connection (and get a little marketing punch, admittedly) by contributing to the South stands renovation? Do the old traditions preclude the formation of new ones? If boroeagle2, Inc. pays for the expansion (with much more $ than even the inflation-adjusted amount that Paulson contributed), then would it be such a big problem for it to be Glenn Bryant Field at boroeagle2-A.E. Paulson Stadium? I'm not trying to antagonize you Geechee, I'm just looking at this as a thought exercise is all (offseason you know).
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Who's to say that a new tradition couldn't be created? Some major company created by GS grads, is prominent in our region, and/or has a CEO with ties here wants to immortalize that connection (and get a little marketing punch, admittedly) by contributing to the South stands renovation? Do the old traditions preclude the formation of new ones? If boroeagle2, Inc. pays for the expansion (with much more $ than even the inflation-adjusted amount that Paulson contributed), then would it be such a big problem for it to be Glenn Bryant Field at boroeagle2-A.E. Paulson Stadium? I'm not trying to antagonize you Geechee, I'm just looking at this as a thought exercise is all (offseason you know).
    Now it's starting to sound like NASCAR

5. Default Re: Would you?

Tradition schmadition. Sell it to the highest bidder. This is America. We elected Donald Trump. It's a new day.

Yes but prefer to hyphenate and preserve the name. It would take a 10 or 15 year commitment and $100K a year.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

7. Default Re: Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post

I believe that to be true, in most cases, but I do not hate it. I mean, why would I do or say something that does not makes sense to me just because my dad or his dad did it. Personally, I do not expect todays students to do exactly what we did simply because we did it that way in a time where we may not have had other options. If the current students/athletes want to sell the stadium naming rights so they do not have to use a piece of tape to make the football helmets look fancier then I say let them.

IMO, forging those things added to the overall college experience and made us feel like a part of the university, and telling current students it can only be done the way we did it is robbing them of that same experience. The world is evolving around the campus and we should allow the students the opportunity to evolve with it in lieu of defaulting to "no, we did not do it that way when I was a student."

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Yes but prefer to hyphenate and preserve the name. It would take a 10 or 15 year commitment and $100K a year.
    That's not a lot of cheese, 1peat!?
    Once won an argument with half

I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    That's not nearly enough

Kudos OF! With all the hullabaloo over our competent HC leaving, I don't think I remember anyone blaming our recent ****tiness on the new turf before, but it had to happen eventually.
    Well that's my story. It's the grass because Summers is a great coach.
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.