SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Governor's race.....

1. Default Governor's race.....

Okay I am tempting fate here and combining the topics of politics and college sports in Georgia (some would say that is the same as combining politics and religion). With the governor's race just starting I found myself wondering if Casey Cagle won the race would that be a good thing for GS given his ties to the school? His three sons went to school and played at GagState (golf and basketball), so could those ties to the "non ThUGA" schools help with the BOR for funding?
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

2. Default Re: Governor's race.....

Very unlikely a Cagle win would have any effect on our football program. Still too many UGA and Tech alums tying their money into the USG to make sure we don't challenge them.

However, it could help with funding of our academics and increasing our research endowment. Maybe to the point where we could be reclassified as a research university. Something like that would be beneficial to the state as a whole so there would be less pushback from the UGA and Tech alums.

Default Re: Governor's race.....

Cagle would be a friend to Georgia Southern, as I think you could say Nathan Deal has been. Don't have any further commentary.

We've got ample allies under the gold dome, don't know about the BoR.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Default Re: Governor's race.....

BillyBob answered the question.

Gonna lock it.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.