Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

  1. #31

    Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Wow South Alabama. Did I miss something?

    As far as our ranking - good. Your move Tyson Summers.
    I totally agree, the 2016 staff "earned' this. Time to put up or shut up.
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

  2. #32

    Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTide View Post
    I totally agree, the 2016 staff "earned' this. Time to put up or shut up.
    Yep.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    22,186

    Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Idaho, Louisiana, South Alabama? Rated higher. Really?
    Idaho would have worked us last year.

    They're looking to have another good year this year.

    I'm not impressed by ULL or USA, but ULL did beat us last year..


  4. Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    We came into the SBC ranked #8 (IIRC)... then won the conference, a bowl game, and nearly upset some established P5 programs and three years later the same coaches rank us at #7, smh. Even CTS' peers are not impressed with him.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    23,557

    Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    We came into the SBC ranked #8 (IIRC)... then won the conference, a bowl game, and nearly upset some established P5 programs and three years later the same coaches rank us at #7, smh. Even CTS' peers are not impressed with him.
    This is discusting period.

  6. Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Idaho would have worked us last year..
    You mean that soon to be FCS team. Not a chance last year.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    You mean that soon to be FCS team. Not a chance last year.
    Idaho wouldve beat us last year.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTide View Post
    I totally agree, the 2016 staff "earned' this. Time to put up or shut up.
    Preseason 2017, we have one of the lowest rated HC in college football. This season is a pivotal moment in his career and TK and Hebert are likely feeling the tension too. UGA and Tech can afford to be mediocre. GS must perform at a high level just to be by-the-way relevant in our home state - Hell, our home town!
    JW "Cliff" Williams

    First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

  9. Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    The Vegas oddsmakers have us pegged at 5 wins which basically mirrors the Belt prediction. However Vegas is more reliable than any group of coaches.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,931

    Default Re: Eagles Picked Seventh in Preseason SBC Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Preseason 2017, we have one of the lowest rated HC in college football. This season is a pivotal moment in his career and TK and Hebert are likely feeling the tension too. UGA and Tech can afford to be mediocre. GS must perform at a high level just to be by-the-way relevant in our home state - Hell, our home town!

    Mark Richt would disagree
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Similar Threads

  1. Eagles picked by Coaches to win Sun Belt
    By GATA in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 17th July 2015, 03:19 PM
  2. MBB picked 9th in preseason
    By GATA in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 24th October 2014, 08:18 AM
  3. Eagles second in Athlon preseason football poll
    By GSU25+yrFan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 14th June 2012, 04:04 PM
  4. Eagles picked third in the South Division
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th October 2011, 09:28 PM
  5. SMN: Eagles looking for a seventh national title
    By GSU25+yrFan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st August 2011, 07:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •