Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Seth Shuman not playing football.

Default Re: Seth Shuman not playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We need to sign two QBs again in 2018.
    You misspelled six.

That's what we need to do every year ... and move 4 of them to other places on the field.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

2. Default Re: Seth Shuman not playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by GangsterGUS View Post
    Welp. Nobody is gonna beat this Post.

Anybody remember Chris Beck blanking Samford in a complete game shutout with 9ks in the 2011 SoCon Championship game? Yeah I do, too. I'm no MLB scout, but I sure hope that is Shuman's ceiling and I think the young man will go far. After the way he juggled offseason conditioning for football by morning and pitching for Coach Hennon by evening he has my utmost respect. GATA, Seth!

For everyone still railing on Coach Summers...i'll say remember PJ Fleck went 1-11 and figured things out to go 8-5 the next season. WMU to GS is not apples to apples with different talent level and expectations, but I still have faith our Coach will "figure some things out." I said some things last year that I regret saying in the heat of the moment (specifically after another INEXPLICABLE loss to that squad out of downtown Atlanta) but for better or worse he's our guy and he has my support. I guess I am like the wise 'ol Garns (notice I said 'ol, not old!) in that regard. Nothing any of us say or do is going to change who leads our guys this season and I am excited to see what the new offensive hires can accomplish. I am of the belief that Coaches Dean and Gillespie are both outstanding men and Coaches but the experiment didn't work and i'm ready to move on.

I still worry about Kado's rap career being more important to him that being a legit FBS option QB but hey maybe he'll prove me wrong. I think Shai can be a star if he works and stays healthy. Frazier is a BIG kid with some great tools and I think he can develop into a good one for us, but definitely not until 2018 as him playing this season probably represents the worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Kado is not a true freshman he has starting experience a lot of it.
    So did Evan Longoria and Max Magana.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Dont sleep on Anthony, he looked pretty good running the offense in Blue/White game. I thought he looked better than Seth in the spring.
    He's a good fit for our offense. I just don't know where his ceiling is, or whether he can be a consistent performer when the lights are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    You misspelled six.

That's what we need to do every year ... and move 4 of them to other places on the field.
    Our top three RBs all played QB in HS, with two of them signing with GS at that position. Our most athletic TE played QB. At least one of our DBs and one of our WRs played QB in HS.

Yep, I'd say six is a good number to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    Anybody remember Chris Beck blanking Samford in a complete game shutout with 9ks in the 2011 SoCon Championship game? Yeah I do, too. I'm no MLB scout, but I sure hope that is Shuman's ceiling and I think the young man will go far. After the way he juggled offseason conditioning for football by morning and pitching for Coach Hennon by evening he has my utmost respect. GATA, Seth!

For everyone still railing on Coach Summers...i'll say remember PJ Fleck went 1-11 and figured things out to go 8-5 the next season. WMU to GS is not apples to apples with different talent level and expectations, but I still have faith our Coach will "figure some things out." I said some things last year that I regret saying in the heat of the moment (specifically after another INEXPLICABLE loss to that squad out of downtown Atlanta) but for better or worse he's our guy and he has my support. I guess I am like the wise 'ol Garns (notice I said 'ol, not old!) in that regard. Nothing any of us say or do is going to change who leads our guys this season and I am excited to see what the new offensive hires can accomplish. I am of the belief that Coaches Dean and Gillespie are both outstanding men and Coaches but the experiment didn't work and i'm ready to move on.

I still worry about Kado's rap career being more important to him that being a legit FBS option QB but hey maybe he'll prove me wrong. I think Shai can be a star if he works and stays healthy. Frazier is a BIG kid with some great tools and I think he can develop into a good one for us, but definitely not until 2018 as him playing this season probably represents the worst case scenario.
    Its OK KC, I am old(smile) and the wife keeps beating me in golf, she shot 77 Tuesday, could have been better, she liped out two birdy putts. Dont ever get old KC.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Our top three RBs all played QB in HS, with two of them signing with GS at that position. Our most athletic TE played QB. At least one of our DBs and one of our WRs played QB in HS.

Yep, I'd say six is a good number to aim for.

Yeah, that's great in theory but at some point we have to actually sign a quarterback. Not a bunch of athletes who aren't good enough to play quarterback. A few months ago I detailed our past 6-7 years of QB recruiting and it's not pretty and it's the reason we are in this situation now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Yeah, that's great in theory but at some point we have to actually sign a quarterback. Not a bunch of athletes who aren't good enough to play quarterback. A few months ago I detailed our past 6-7 years of QB recruiting and it's not pretty and it's the reason we are in this situation now.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. We've signed a lot of impact starters at that position since 2010.

10. Default Re: Seth Shuman not playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    A few months ago I detailed our past 6-7 years of QB recruiting and it's not pretty and it's the reason we are in this situation now.
    Yep, Georgia Southern only attracts a certain type of QB. Dual threat QB's are in high demand nowadays. Top tier QB recruits have a lot more options now than just Georgia Southern.