SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Fest

Default Re: Fan Fest

I think that one of the major reasons that we didn't look as sharp as we would have liked was that quite a few of the younger guys (yeah, I know that we're young overall, but I'm talking true freshman) got quit a bit of playing time, more so than the more experienced guys, as you might expect. Speaking of experienced guys, did anyone see Sapp out there? I really only started looking for him specifically after the injury to Phillips but never saw him either on the field or the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Again...I remember watching the 2010 scrimmage RIGHT before the home opener against SSU...we had JUST gone back to the option. We looked like hot garbage. Despite that, We actually looked very competent and coherent on offense early in the year.
    Wertz definitely has the talent and the other pieces are there on offense. Frazier has great physical gifts but obviously needs the red shirt year to develop more. Labron and Brown can be competent 2 and 3 with more practice.

I did notice a lot of reps for 2's and 3's. There were some things to be hopeful about - especially compared with '16 - and it was pretty sloppy at times mostly due to missed reads and blocks.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    Hate hate hate hate.
    Truth truth truth truth - it hurts sometimes.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

4. Default Re: Fan Fest

It's hard to put much stock in a scrimmage because you never know what the coaches are using it for. Sometimes it's to get the 2 and 3's some reps to determine back ups and sometimes they are trying out new plays in full speed and it doesn't always look good. I can remember going to scrimmage games and thinking we looked great and come real game time we weren't and vice versa.

I read few pages of this but not all of it, but what I saw was a defense that was a little ahead of the offense, then the defense went through a time when they seemed pick it up intensity and really looked good. Offense still runs the option too flat and too deep, not as bad as last year, but we need to be running downhill. OL definite improvement, some snaps were low and seemed to float but that may have been on the 3 or 4 line. When we get our best 11 on each side of the ball on the field we will be ok, we are young and may struggle with depth. Overall not a bad showing, I am not blown away, but I shouldn't be at this time, let's see how we progress.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    I read few pages of this but not all of it, but what I saw was a defense that was a little ahead of the offense, then the defense went through a time when they seemed pick it up intensity and really looked good. Offense still runs the option too flat and too deep, not as bad as last year, but we need to be running downhill. OL definite improvement, some snaps were low and seemed to float but that may have been on the 3 or 4 line. When we get our best 11 on each side of the ball on the field we will be ok, we are young and may struggle with depth. Overall not a bad showing, I am not blown away, but I shouldn't be at this time, let's see how we progress.

There was a lot of energy on the defensive side of the ball and especially the sideline.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    There was a lot of energy on the defensive side of the ball and especially the sideline.
    There was, I think the stands were pulling for the offense so the D decided to bring it's own enthusiasm I liked it.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Cooper.
    Geez Garns...just adopt him already! He's featured in almost every post you've made since the scrimmage. Seriously, he looked absolutely great: good size, good speed, and true determination.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Geez Garns...just adopt him already! He's featured in almost every post you've made since the scrimmage. Seriously, he looked absolutely great: good size, good speed, and true determination.
    I have(smile). For the last 5 years or so I have been moaning about GS having 2 bookends at DE that can flat out "get after it". I think we got one!, this is why I'm so giddy.