Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Fan Fest

Default Re: Fan Fest

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I have(smile). For the last 5 years or so I have been moaning about GS having 2 bookends at DE that can flat out "get after it". I think we got one!, this is why I'm so giddy.
    He did seem to stand out...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Cooper.
    I've been wondering when/if he would surface. I said a couple of weeks ago that he's an eyeball all-star, which explains why he signed with Miss St out of HS.

If we can get Vliem and Wade to come on, we'll have more length/vertical explosiveness than we've had in a while.

Maybe we can figure out a way to sneak Dakota Walker back on the roster.

I've been as negative as anyone concerning CTS and last year but I finally decided to be as objective as possible.
    I got my tickets and watched a few drives, about half of the scrimmage so take it for what its worth. Werts has a LOT of work to do but he possesses a lot of the tools he needs. He's not FavUp or KE, but he's serviceable if he can keep his head on str8. We've got a gunslinger in LeBaron behind him that threw well and on time(most of the time) so that is interesting, however, neither could handle the horrible snapping and both put a lot of balls on the ground. That is expected at this time of the year and hopefully will get a lot of attention in practice. We're good at RB, no issues there except who will start. The offensive line was opening some holes and creating some movement at times, which is a 1000% improvement over last year. There were some finally some big runs, I had almost forgot what that looked like. One thing we need to take out of the repertoire is the screen pass. The way defenses (usually) play the option lends itself to the screen pass being a bust pretty much every time. Overall the O line has work to do, but there's marked improvement over last year. Also, put place kicking with Bass in the "do not worry" category.

Defensively we adjusted the offense, we were swarming the ball, and we have a pair of DEs that look good. The secondary will be OK but got burned a couple of times, perhaps a little too eager to make a play, which is normal this early on. I am concerned a little about linebackers and the interior D line but we'll see how that progresses.

Overall, the offense has potential to be good once again, but it will be a week to week learning experience, hopefully getting better each week despite some tough losses. The defense as a unit is too early to tell but has some promise. The guys appear to be smaller than in years past, so we may get bullied a bit on the line. I'm hoping our speed will counter that but I don't see us making too many goal line stands. Still a month to go, but I like some of what I saw. The intensity and enthusiasm was great compared to last year so we'll see. Hopefully this team has a BIG chip about last season and wins enough to go bowling. I predicted 3-9 to 5-7 if things come together and I'm feeling that the chances for 5-7 are better than I originally thought. This next month is where the coaches REALLY earn their money.
    GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I've been as negative as anyone concerning CTS and last year but I finally decided to be as objective as possible.
    I got my tickets and watched a few drives, about half of the scrimmage so take it for what its worth. Werts has a LOT of work to do but he possesses a lot of the tools he needs. He's not FavUp or KE, but he's serviceable if he can keep his head on str8. We've got a gunslinger in LeBaron behind him that threw well and on time(most of the time) so that is interesting, however, neither could handle the horrible snapping and both put a lot of balls on the ground. That is expected at this time of the year and hopefully will get a lot of attention in practice. We're good at RB, no issues there except who will start. The offensive line was opening some holes and creating some movement at times, which is a 1000% improvement over last year. There were some finally some big runs, I had almost forgot what that looked like. One thing we need to take out of the repertoire is the screen pass. The way defenses (usually) play the option lends itself to the screen pass being a bust pretty much every time. Overall the O line has work to do, but there's marked improvement over last year. Also, put place kicking with Bass in the "do not worry" category.

Defensively we adjusted the offense, we were swarming the ball, and we have a pair of DEs that look good. The secondary will be OK but got burned a couple of times, perhaps a little too eager to make a play, which is normal this early on. I am concerned a little about linebackers and the interior D line but we'll see how that progresses.

Overall, the offense has potential to be good once again, but it will be a week to week learning experience, hopefully getting better each week despite some tough losses. The defense as a unit is too early to tell but has some promise. The guys appear to be smaller than in years past, so we may get bullied a bit on the line. I'm hoping our speed will counter that but I don't see us making too many goal line stands. Still a month to go, but I like some of what I saw. The intensity and enthusiasm was great compared to last year so we'll see. Hopefully this team has a BIG chip about last season and wins enough to go bowling. I predicted 3-9 to 5-7 if things come together and I'm feeling that the chances for 5-7 are better than I originally thought. This next month is where the coaches REALLY earn their money.
    I'm with you on the "small", lets hope S+C along with GATA makes up for the lack of height, you know runts try harder.

Just wondering who all is going to be at the Savannah scrimmage/practice/fan fest?
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Just wondering who all is going to be at the Savannah scrimmage/practice/fan fest?
    Please keep us informed as to whether some of the stupid things are being fixed. Wish I could be there
    GATA!

Please keep us informed as to whether some of the stupid things are being fixed. Wish I could be there
    What stupid things?

Also in Werts defense this is his first time seeing real PT. So I'm not expecting him to be Fav or KE4 off the bat, but I do think he has potential to be better than both.
    Last edited by TrueBlueAlum; 17th August 2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    What stupid things?
    1) High/low snaps, fumbles, ball handling in general, missed blocks/tackles. Just the dumb stuff that first scrimmages are made of. While there were some great moments at the Paulson scrimmage, there was some very sloppy play(to be expected). I hope we look a little tighter this time. If so, this year may be surprising, and if we look the same or worse, its gonna be a long year.
    2) Garn's hair. Please make sure he wears a hat or something...
    GATA!

9. Default Re: Fan Fest

1) If so, this year may be surprising, and if we look the same or worse, its gonna be a long year.
    Nah, it will be a long year no matter what. It's a tough schedule, no two ways about it. The main goal will be a 7/5 season at least with a bowl bid for sure. 2018 should be the real deal with no prisoners taken alive and no excuses.

According to the schedule it's just a practice tomorrow. The last scrimmage of camp starts in about an hour at Paulson.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.