Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire

Default Re: New Hampshire

I will say this again, UAlbany beat UNH last season. We will STOMP UNH.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Phrased it that way intentionally.

We'll know a lot about our team after this game. We struggle......it's going to be a long year.
    You can definitely tell a lot about a team after an FCS game sometimes (NOTE: SOMETIMES).

Told a friend of mine walking out of the SSU game "This will be a long year"

I hoped I'd be wrong, but we all know how that turned out.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    You can definitely tell a lot about a team after an FCS game sometimes (NOTE: SOMETIMES).

Told a friend of mine walking out of the SSU game "This will be a long year"

I hoped I'd be wrong, but we all know how that turned out.
    I still look back to the 2003 SSU game where we won 35-0. All signs pointed to a rough year. We had like 5 fumbles in that game too.

That's why I don't buy into the "playing FCS teams doesn't do anything for you."

The easiest comparison is with a relatively similar set of players from 2014-2016. 2014/2015 didn't even break a sweat destroying SSU and Citadel. 2016 struggled to run against SSU. All 3 of those games were very indicative of how our team would perform during the year.

If your players are doing their job, playing an FCS shows you more about your coaching than anything else.

It should be a confidence boost game, a thumping that gets us ready for the remainder of the season. It should never be a "nail biter", down to the 4th quarter type of game, IMO, if UNH gives us a heck of a football game and looks as good as us, then we will be in for a long season.

5. Default Re: New Hampshire

Y'all keep talking about how we SHOULD beat UNH by a lot and how they SHOULD be an easy game.

I'm just telling you that we've lost to Georgia STATE two years in a row. We've lost to Central Connecticut State in the past...

Sure...we're PROBABLY better on offense this year. But I'll believe we're going to roll UNH when I see it with my own two eyes. It's 100% speculation for me to just assume we're going to smoke a perennial FCS playoff team just because we changed our offensive scheme.

All I have to go off of is our recent history (last year). We couldn't score 30 points on any Sun Belt team and the head coach is the same dude.

I mean hell...If Georgia State can basically score on us at will, I'm certain UNH can score 21+

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Y'all keep talking about how we SHOULD beat UNH by a lot and how they SHOULD be an easy game.

I'm just telling you that we've lost to Georgia STATE two years in a row. We've lost to Central Connecticut State in the past...

Sure...we're PROBABLY better on offense this year. But I'll believe we're going to roll UNH when I see it with my own two eyes. It's 100% speculation for me to just assume we're going to smoke a perennial FCS playoff team just because we changed our offensive scheme.

All I have to go off of is our recent history (last year). We couldn't score 30 points on any Sun Belt team and the head coach is the same dude.

I mean hell...If Georgia State can basically score on us at will, I'm certain UNH can score 21+

I hope we win big, a 3 score win would probably be ok, a close win will be most concerning, but a LOSS to UNH would probably solve a coaching problem sooner than later.. just sayin'
    GATA!

Arkansas State lost to Central Arkansas last season and still won a share of the conference title. Anything can happen.

It is also my own personal opinion that at no point last season was Arkansas State ever actually good. Even in their bowl win.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Since 2004 Sean McDonnell coaching UNH has FBS wins over Rutgers, Northwestern, Marshall, Army, Ball State, and darn-near beat CMU. They're probably #2 among all past and present FCS programs in FBS wins behind only NDSU.

If we shellack them I'll feel very good about our team.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

9. Default Re: New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Valid points, I agree with everything you said, however, IMO that does not change the fact that GS "SHOULD beat UNH by a lot."

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Valid points, I agree with everything you said, however, IMO that does not change the fact that GS "SHOULD beat UNH by a lot."
    +1, if we are going to have ANYTHING resembling a good season, we better show some GS thumping in a UNH beatdown!