Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

Default 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

https://soundcloud.com/953theticket/...app_name%7D%5D

Interview by Jonesboro Arkansas Radio station.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

2. Default Re: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

Summers when asked whether he ran the "gun option": "We tried to be that route as much as it is." those are his exact words. Then claims that they ran the option, but "had to find some way to have some success", basically contending that he had no choice but to go to a passing game. Then whines like a ***** about the schedule. I wish I had never listened to his garbage attempts to justify the worst season, in terms of results compared to legitimate expectations, in modern school history.

Default Re: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    Summers when asked whether he ran the "gun option": "We tried to be that route as much as it is." Then claims that they ran the option, but "had to find some way to have some success", basically contending that he had no choice but to go to a passing game. Then whines like a ***** about the schedule. I wish I had never listened to his garbage attempts to justify the worst season, in terms of results compared to legitimate expectations, in modern school history.
    You do realize that the guys interviewing him were the ones that brought it up right? And I wouldn't consider what he did as whining, he answered their question. I don't blame him for being upset about the schedule, we were the only team in the nation with 4 straight road games.
    Last edited by TrueBlueAlum; 25th July 2017 at 02:46 PM.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Summers when asked whether he ran the "gun option": "We tried to be that route as much as it is." those are his exact words. Then claims that they ran the option, but "had to find some way to have some success", basically contending that he had no choice but to go to a passing game. Then whines like a ***** about the schedule. I wish I had never listened to his garbage attempts to justify the worst season, in terms of results compared to legitimate expectations, in modern school history.

Man...I went back and read all 16 of your posts. The hate is real. Seems like that kind of thing might mess up your life…

5. Default Re: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

The hate is real. I HATE being lied to by a head coach in his opening press conference. I HATE watching a proud program lose games to inferior teams. I HATE having a coach that, instead of sacking up and taking responsibility for losses deflects blame on "the schedule" or the other team "stacking the box" or "injuries". I HATE watching our team get bullied off of our home field, on homecoming night, only to see that same team have over eight days to prepare for the in-state rival, only to get skull-dragged by a team with a tent for a weight room and an interim coach. I wonder how bad Ga. State would have beaten us if Summers had only his customary six days to install his bull**** game plan. You are right. I HATE all of that.

The hate is real. I HATE being lied to by a head coach in his opening press conference. I HATE watching a proud program lose games to inferior teams. I HATE having a coach that, instead of sacking up and taking responsibility for losses deflects blame on "the schedule" or the other team "stacking the box" or "injuries". I HATE watching our team get bullied off of our home field, on homecoming night, only to see that same team have over eight days to prepare for the in-state rival, only to get skull-dragged by a team with a tent for a weight room and an interim coach. I wonder how bad Ga. State would have beaten us if Summers had only his customary six days to install his bull**** game plan. You are right. I HATE all of that.

If you don't realize that basically everything we ran last year outside of the ULL game was shotgun option then I'm going to have a tough time valuing anything you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

8. Default Re: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

Before any one drowns in a river of tears in sympathy for Summers' no good, awful, very bad "four road games in row" death march, keep in mind that the unbearable stretch of four games were interrupted by an off week, and included an oh-so-grueling ride up I-16/75 to Atlanta to play Georgia Tech. IN other words, away game, off week, away game, trip to Atlanta, away game. Spare me. We have had previous coaches who would have cleverly converted this adversity into a welcome test of our fortitude, at worst, or at best, convinced our team (with a great dose of humour and tongue planted firmly in cheek) that this stretch was actually an advantage to us. I LOVE THOSE COACHES. Our players did too. And they played out of their minds for those coaches. They overachieved for those coaches. We don't have those coaches anymore.

[QUOTE=Hambone89;851170]Before any one drowns in a river of tears in sympathy for Summers' no good, awful, very bad "four road games in row" death march, keep in mind that the unbearable stretch of four games were interrupted by an off week, and included an oh-so-grueling ride up I-16/75 to Atlanta to play Georgia Tech. IN other words, away game, off week, away game, trip to Atlanta, away game. Spare me. We have had previous coaches who would have cleverly converted this adversity into a welcome test of our fortitude, at worst, or at best, convinced our team (with a great dose of humour and tongue planted firmly in cheek) that this stretch was actually an advantage to us. I LOVE THOSE COACHES. Our players did too. And they played out of their minds for those coaches. They overachieved for those coaches. We don't have those coaches anymore.[/QUOTE]

You're right so quit your *****in and enjoy the changes that have been made that should make last year just a bad dream. If not, well then you are more than welcome to join your regularly scheduled program and ***** away. NO ONE likes what happened last year. But what does your ranting about it almost 8 months after the season was over really achieve?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

Back this accusation up.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.