Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

1. Default Re: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    Easy Anakin...

Default Re: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    Summers when asked whether he ran the "gun option": "We tried to be that route as much as it is." those are his exact words. Then claims that they ran the option, but "had to find some way to have some success", basically contending that he had no choice but to go to a passing game. Then whines like a ***** about the schedule. I wish I had never listened to his garbage attempts to justify the worst season, in terms of results compared to legitimate expectations, in modern school history.
    I know exactly where you're at. Up until a few weeks ago, I had been in the same place since our opener with SSU last year. I just finally made up my mind to get past it because I love GS football so much, and for at least a few weeks, I wanted the experience of looking forward to football season and imagining us dominating our opponents, winning unwinnable games, etc. I'll honestly admit that I don't hold out hope of us having a decent record this year, so I'm just hoping we can show some fire in our bellies and marked improvement each week. Of course, lose to UNH and you and I can head right on back to where we were. I'll buy the first round!! As bad as that loss would be, we'd have a new coach the next year to look forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I know exactly where you're at. Up until a few weeks ago, I had been in the same place since our opener with SSU last year. I just finally made up my mind to get past it because I love GS football so much, and for at least a few weeks, I wanted the experience of looking forward to football season and imagining us dominating our opponents, winning unwinnable games, etc. I'll honestly admit that I don't hold out hope of us having a decent record this year, so I'm just hoping we can show some fire in our bellies and marked improvement each week. Of course, lose to UNH and you and I can head right on back to where we were. I'll buy the first round!! As bad as that loss would be, we'd have a new coach the next year to look forward to.
    I'll buy the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by GangsterGUS View Post
    I'll buy the second round.
    Third. My fiancée will buy the fourth. Lol
    But in reality, I expect a vastly improved football team this season. Call it blue tinted shades if you want, but I feel much more optimistic, and it's only getting stronger as time goes on. Hope it doesn't bite me in the backside.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    How about a 5-7 season and the the total lack of coaching guidance for the best roster in our history for starters. 2016 was a complete lack of coaching competence and yes it will not be rectified until we win in a convincing repeatable standard, season after season.
    Again I ask what does continuing to rant about it 8 months later achieve? Most of the issues have hopefully been corrected with the staff changes and the apparent on the job learning that CTS has done. Not that you were the one doing this or the one one that my comment was directed to, but why do some continue to ***** with the same veracity 8 months later? We get it! Last year inhale vigorouslyed!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Again I ask what does continuing to rant about it 8 months later achieve? Most of the issues have hopefully been corrected with the staff changes and the apparent on the job learning that CTS has done. Not that you were the one doing this or the one one that my comment was directed to, but why do some continue to ***** with the same veracity 8 months later? We get it! Last year inhale vigorouslyed!
    Lose to UNH and you aint seen nothing yet!!
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

7. Default Re: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

I get your point, but just because some time has passed does not mean reality has changed. To your point, ranting about it 8 months later will not achieve anything, but neither does ranting about it 8 games into that season, or 8 days after that season concluded, etc... ranting on this board will do nothing at anytime, but people did/do it anyway, the timing of said rant should be of little consequence.

I see where you are coming from; move on, but some people are just going to be unhappy about last season. Some of them purchased season tickets, made travel plans to attend games and donated their hard earned money to the program... they freely handed over money from their own pockets to TK and said "make the program better." So yes, some people are going to hold a grudge until the program improves on the field, not just in practices and press conferences.

Just my two cents. I will continue to be upset about last season 5 years from now. Such a wasted group of talent and seniors IMO.

+1

I haven't said we would or wouldn't lose to UNH, just that I have a positive attitude about the season based on the changes that I have seen. My point is that the last stragglers of the "I'm pissed off and I'm going to yell it at the top of my lungs at every turn Club" should do exactly what you have done: realize that being pissed off just for pissed off sake does nothing but continue to make you angrier, and make a decision to move on. You haven't said it's going to be all candy canes and cotton candy, but you are at least making an effort to be positive.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by GangsterGUS View Post
    Just my two cents. I will continue to be upset about last season 5 years from now. Such a wasted group of talent and seniors IMO.

+1
    I don't blame you. Last year inhale vigorouslyed! But it's one thing to be upset, it's a completely different thing to be still walking around with a pitchfork and torch yelling like a crazy person.
    Last edited by KJ Eagle; 27th July 2017 at 12:33 PM.