SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

Default Re: 95.3 The Ticket Tyson Summers

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I haven't said we would or wouldn't lose to UNH, just that I have a positive attitude about the season based on the changes that I have seen. My point is that the last stragglers of the "I'm pissed off and I'm going to yell it at the top of my lungs at every turn Club" should do exactly what you have done: realize that being pissed off just for pissed off sake does nothing but continue to make you angrier, and make a decision to move on. You haven't said it's going to be all candy canes and cotton candy, but you are at least making an effort to be positive.
    It's been a COLOSSAL effort, trust me..
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GangsterGUS View Post
    Just my two cents. I will continue to be upset about last season 5 years from now. Such a wasted group of talent and seniors IMO.

+1
    To that extent, the coaching decisions made at the end of the 2004 season wasted one of the most talented and productive offenses we have ever had.

Still mad about that one?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    To that extent, the coaching decisions made at the end of the 2004 season wasted one of the most talented and productive offenses we have ever had.

I won't lie.. I am. That team also lost to UNH

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

2004 was before my time and also didn't have the same amount of nfl talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I won't lie.. I am. That team also lost to UNH
    You're scaring me Buzz!

Quote Originally Posted by GangsterGUS View Post
    2004 was before my time and also didn't have the same amount of nfl talent.
    NFL talent doesn't matter for this conversation. Level of success here does not guarantee the same level of success at that level. However, they were VERY talented for this level of college football and were definitely wasted.

Same goes for the 2004 team. I'm still pissed that Sewak didn't call a timeout against Furman at the end of the game, cause you totally get to keep it the next week. But I didn't let that effect my opinion of the chances of the team in 2005 either.

No one is saying forget about it, but now is not the time to be caustic and a source of negativity. There's nothing wrong with being cautious, but if people can't see that there are positive changes at this point then you are blind. The type of attitude shown earlier in this thread actually does a disservice to the players and the coaches that had nothing to do with last year.

Everyone knows how bad last year was. We get it. Really. We won't forget about it. If we look inept on offense and struggle on defense with a ton of discipline (penalty) issues then we'll be having the Fire Summers conversation at about week 4. But for now....let's see what improvement has been made in coaching and what they can do with THIS group of players.

Yes I am still bitter about 2004. Georgia Southern should have 9 1AA/FCS championships. 1998 was before my time but I didn't have to be living in Statesboro at the time to understand 8 fumbles and 6 turnovers. I was in school in 2004 but on the flip side Furman 2005 and rushing the field was the highlight of my college student experience. We should have won it all in 2004 and 2012 but ya know what? You move on. I am also still EXTREMELY bitter about the 2007 Furman game for personal reasons. But you move on. Or you stop caring. I choose to move on to 2017 rather than languish on 2016.

I am optimistic we will be better in 2017. Am I predicting a 10 win season? Absolutely not. But I expect better and bowl eligibility. If that happens, the good news is these persistent naysayers will vanish until adversity hits again.

You know what I don't want? Any more "Paulson Stadium North" banners and the like. You win with class, and lose with grace. I loathe Georgia State with every fiber of my being, but can you really blame their kids for the stunts they pulled in Paulson in 2015? We fanned that flame unlike anything I have ever seen in organized team sports and as an alum and a donor I hope I never see that kind of crap again. I have a feeling PJ and Monken would have never allowed anything like that (even if they were not the ultimate decision makers for the department) and I hope TS grows to be successful enough to put himself in the same situation. As an outsider, I see our program being run the right way. Let's hope the wins follow suit.

I wouldn't put Monken on too high of a moral pedestal. He was onside kicking on people when we were up by 100 points.

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    Yes I am still bitter about 2004. Georgia Southern should have 9 1AA/FCS championships. 1998 was before my time but I didn't have to be living in Statesboro at the time to understand 8 fumbles and 6 turnovers. I was in school in 2004 but on the flip side Furman 2005 and rushing the field was the highlight of my college student experience. We should have won it all in 2004 and 2012 but ya know what? You move on. I am also still EXTREMELY bitter about the 2007 Furman game for personal reasons. But you move on. Or you stop caring. I choose to move on to 2017 rather than languish on 2016.

I am optimistic we will be better in 2017. Am I predicting a 10 win season? Absolutely not. But I expect better and bowl eligibility. If that happens, the good news is these persistent naysayers will vanish until adversity hits again.

You know what I don't want? Any more "Paulson Stadium North" banners and the like. You win with class, and lose with grace. I loathe Georgia State with every fiber of my being, but can you really blame their kids for the stunts they pulled in Paulson in 2015? We fanned that flame unlike anything I have ever seen in organized team sports and as an alum and a donor I hope I never see that kind of crap again. I have a feeling PJ and Monken would have never allowed anything like that (even if they were not the ultimate decision makers for the department) and I hope TS grows to be successful enough to put himself in the same situation. As an outsider, I see our program being run the right way. Let's hope the wins follow suit.
    I still have nightmares about that one... i had one leg over the side and almost hopped on the field. I swear it looked like it was through the uprights from where i was standing

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I wouldn't put Monken on too high of a moral pedestal. He was onside kicking on people when we were up by 100 points.
    Yep, that was embarrassing.