Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Love this Tweet

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,897

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    Just in case (like me) anyone hadn't seen it:

    https://www.facebook.com/gatalifesty...7801495289223/

    the Glenn catch is around 35 seconds into the video

    And check out the 40 second mark.

    Werts takes the snap and immediately turns to his right like he's about to throw the ball towards the sideline. Half needs new shorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,897

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Its a spot pass on the line. It's also in the PJ offense. And it's a check call when, like you say the CB are giving 10+ yard cushions in one on one situations. One of the fundamental problems with screens in this offense and there some screens out of it, is most of the time the defense is stacked inside. It's hard to create lanes inside because screens need time to develop, most lanes in this offense are created quickly inside when running the TO.

    Yeah the play Pete and I are talking about was called by PJ. Nesbitt threw the spot pass to Thomas and if memory serves correct he stiff armed the corner and then outran the safety.

    And I'm talking about WR screens out of the shotgun. Pretty much something as simple as Campbell in the slot and Michaud at WR. Defense is in tight and CB is playing 10 yards off Michaud. Bubble screen Campbell behind Michaud and see if Michaud can't make the block and Campbell make a guy miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  3. #53

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Yeah the play Pete and I are talking about was called by PJ. Nesbitt threw the spot pass to Thomas and if memory serves correct he stiff armed the corner and then outran the safety.

    And I'm talking about WR screens out of the shotgun. Pretty much something as simple as Campbell in the slot and Michaud at WR. Defense is in tight and CB is playing 10 yards off Michaud. Bubble screen Campbell behind Michaud and see if Michaud can't make the block and Campbell make a guy miss.
    Yes, you can run those screens. They're definitely in the flex playbook. I'm not sure about the bubble screen to the inside receiver, but we used to get big plays on the screen to outside receiver coming back toward the QB.

    I remember those because they always looked to be about an inch away from being a pick six.

    Derrick Owens made a huge catch/run against Furman in 2001 right before half-time on that play.

    The QB has to have some arm strength to make that throw.
    Last edited by pete4256; 27th July 2017 at 11:49 AM.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,897

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yes, you can run those screens. They're definitely in the flex playbook. I'm not sure about the bubble screen to the inside receiver, but we used to get big plays on the screen to outside receiver coming back toward the QB.

    I remember those because they always looked to be about an inch away from being a pick six.

    Derrick Owens made a huge catch/run against Furman in 2001 right before half-time on that play.

    The QB has to have some arm strength to make that throw.

    That's honestly the best way to run it is the outside WR coming back in. But if the OLB is playing way inside of Campbell and the CB is way off Michaud (using my scenario) then it would be a very low risk throw and you would want the play flowing towards the sideline.

    You guys are talking a lot about flex. That's not what I'm talking about because I still don't believe we will see much, if any, of the flexbone this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  5. #55

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    That's honestly the best way to run it is the outside WR coming back in. But if the OLB is playing way inside of Campbell and the CB is way off Michaud (using my scenario) then it would be a very low risk throw and you would want the play flowing towards the sideline.

    You guys are talking a lot about flex. That's not what I'm talking about because I still don't believe we will see much, if any, of the flexbone this year.
    If you mean under center flex, you're probably right. I think we'll see gun-bone with an H-Back or a flanker (SLOT) on most plays. That won't put us in position to throw many WR screens, either.

    Speaking of which, wasn't our first play of the 1989 NC game a screen to Karl Miller? He took a hitch from the slot and followed the WR's block up the sideline. I'm positive that we'll try to get Myles the ball on that or similar plays when the defense is in man coverage.

    But, back to flex . . . I think you're right about staying in the gun, but unless Cook throws a huge curveball, most of the offense will derive from flex principles.
    Last edited by pete4256; 27th July 2017 at 12:34 PM.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

  6. #56

    Default

    I'm still waiting for a TE or A back drag route...


    Geoff Hardy
    Valdosta, GA
    Class of 2001 (BBA) and 2003 (MBA)

  7. #57

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    I'm still waiting for a TE or A back drag route...
    https://youtu.be/6DBxkyy6IoM?t=4561
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

  8. #58

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Nice, you watch much Cal Poly stuff when he was the OC versus what GT runs?

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Guyton, GA
    Posts
    14,170

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    I hate this thread because i'm starting to get optimistic.

  10. #60

    Default Re: Love this Tweet

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I hate this thread because i'm starting to get optimistic.
    Exactly....I cant tell if it is based on reason or if I have my blue tinted glasses on....

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Similar Threads

  1. Fritz Tweet???
    By EagleTeacher in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 5th December 2014, 05:46 AM
  2. Cabral's Tweet
    By EagleBlue in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10th October 2014, 09:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •