Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video - New Eagles Nest Show

1. Default Video - New Eagles Nest Show

We're back and talking about the start of pre-season camp with interviews and more.
    https://youtu.be/2HXIQcs7XgM

2. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest Show

Do I see H-Backs involved in the pass game?

Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest Show

Great job as usual, guys!

A few things jumped out:

1) Y'all obviously liked that clip of Ellis Richardson catching the short pass off of play-action. He looks like a beast. If he makes progress, he might be a big time player for us. Talk about big, lean, and muscular. I'm not sure we've had an offensive skill player who looks like that since Ernest Thompson.

2) Jaalon Frazier made a good run on that (non-contact) touchdown. He got real low and showed quick feet and vision to find the lane. And I have to say, while he looked tall and skinny on his HS film,he has very muscular-looking legs. He looks much more physical than I expected. He might be a factor as early as this season, as I know he can throw touch passes and improvise in the pocket. In any case, it's great to have two of my hometown guys among the top four QBs.

3) We are deep and athletic pretty much everywhere.

4) Dexter Carter looks to still be taking snaps at RB, so I wonder if that's where he'll stay. If he does, I would take that as a sign that Walker and Laroche are redshirting.
    Last edited by pete4256; 28th July 2017 at 02:51 PM.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Do I see H-Backs involved in the pass game?

Might as well call him an A-Back on that play, I think. Just take J.J. Wilcox and add 2-3" and 20+ pounds.

Two Words: Nat Sound.

6. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest Show

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Great job as usual, guys!

A few things jumped out:

1) Y'all obviously liked that clip of Ellis Richardson catching the short pass off of play-action. He looks like a beast. If he makes progress, he might be a big time player for us. Talk about big, lean, and muscular. I'm not sure we've had an offensive skill player who looks like that since Ernest Thompson.

2) Jaalon Frazier made a good run on that (non-contact) touchdown. He got real low and showed quick feet and vision to find the lane. And I have to say, while he looked tall and skinny on his HS film,he has very muscular-looking legs. He looks much more physical than I expected. He might be a factor as early as this season, as I know he can throw touch passes and improvise in the pocket. In any case, it's great to have two of my hometown guys among the top four QBs.

3) We are deep and athletic pretty much everywhere.

4) Dexter Carter looks to still be taking snaps at RB, so I wonder if that's where he'll stay. If he does, I would take that as a sign that Walker and Laroche are redshirting.
    Pete, I think the play you mentioned with Jaalon Frazier was actually Shai Werts. They mixed in a bunch of spring ball clips (when Shai wore #18)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Pete, I think the play you mentioned with Jaalon Frazier was actually Shai Werts. They mixed in a bunch of spring ball clips (when Shai wore #18)
    Was he wearing a red jersey?

I thought the spring clips were from the Blue-White game (Werts wearing grey #18).

8. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest Show

They mixed in some practice clips from last year, too, so who knows.

9. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest Show

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Was he wearing a red jersey?

I thought the spring clips were from the Blue-White game (Werts wearing grey #18).
    Yeah, he had a red jersey on. I believe that is an old clip from Spring Practice when Shai was wearing number 18. I just remember seeing that exact same clip on the Eagles Nest during spring practice. You're correct that he also wore 18 in grey during the spring game.

Yeah, he had a red jersey on. I believe that is an old clip from Spring Practice when Shai was wearing number 18. I just remember seeing that exact same clip on the Eagles Nest during spring practice. You're correct that he also wore 18 in grey during the spring game.
    Then ignore my compliments about the nice run.

That'll teach me to watch film in half speed.

I'm positive that the guy with long, muscular legs and long arms was Frazier, though. He was taking snaps next to #4, and he's a much bigger dude.