Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Chadwell to replace Moglia at Coastal Carolina

Default Re: Chadwell to replace Moglia at Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Last time I checked, 8-0 was undefeated. Not our fault who we played and who we didn't. It was random computer generated schedule. They are the lucky ones, not us.
    +1

Apparently playing a competitive game against NDSU in 2014 negates a history of never making it past the quarterfinals, but one bad season in conference negates 3 decades of consistent success.

There's an undeniable correlation between how much success a team had in FCS and how they do when they move up. Acting like it isn't relevant is what real "FBS snobs" say.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Apparently playing a competitive game against NDSU in 2014 negates a history of never making it past the quarterfinals, but one bad season in conference negates 3 decades of consistent success.

There's an undeniable correlation between how much success a team had in FCS and how they do when they move up. Acting like it isn't relevant is what real "FBS snobs" say.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

4. Default Re: Chadwell to replace Moglia at Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    stAte had 3 losses in conference and finished 7-6. They were hardly a top team. Don't listen to that propaganda.

ULL probably has a legit complaint, but it is what it is.
    And pulled out a miracle win against ULM of all teams to win the title. If the SBC had an actual championship game, we wouldn't have won a title in 2014.

I still dont see how the argument that we had an easy conference schedule in 2014 and won a title translates to Coastal being competitive out of the gate with a hard conference slate. Two completely different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    And pulled out a miracle win against ULM of all teams to win the title. If the SBC had an actual championship game, we wouldn't have won a title in 2014.

I still dont see how the argument that we had an easy conference schedule in 2014 and won a title translates to Coastal being competitive out of the gate with a hard conference slate. Two completely different scenarios.
    Nah. If we'd have faced an even-front team in the playoff, we would have rolled them.

6. Default Re: Chadwell to replace Moglia at Coastal Carolina

Y'all get back to me after 2017. I'll be the one saying "I told you so"

7. Default Re: Chadwell to replace Moglia at Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

GS would have won the title even if ULM stayed in Monroe, but I agree that we were running on fumes and the odds of winning an additional game appeared to be unlikely.

I think the wedge here is individual definitions of "being competitive." IMO CCU will not be last in the SBC, but they certainly will not compete for the title.

[QUOTE=TrueBlueDrew;852003]And pulled out a miracle win against ULM of all teams to win the title. If the SBC had an actual championship game, we wouldn't have won a title in 2014.

My goodness! Some of you make me SMH. You are trying to take an incredibly positive moment for that 2014 team and our program and discount it, even turn it negative. That screams of a glass half empty outlook on life. It has to be tough to live that way.
    We won damn it...that game and seven others in conference play.

9. Default Re: Chadwell to replace Moglia at Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    We won damn it...that game and seven others in conference play.
    Yep, fantastic season. In the record books.

We would have wrecked Arkie State and ULL in 2014. Only dumbskies think those teams are special.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low