SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Flight Season 2 Episode 1

Default Re: The Flight Season 2 Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Because the brains of that team are in the OC (who is no longer in that role). Buddy is just a figurehead.
    That OC is a great coach and Im glad he got out from under Buddy I just hate it for the kids sake.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I realize a lot of editing in involved in these videos, but wow, does CTS ever talk about X's & O's and actual football? lol I feel like every video I have seen of him he just talking about "be disciplined," "take their heart," "gain the confidence in what we are doing," "hold our standard high" and other motivational gibberish. Maybe the times have just changed that much since I was on the field.
    Coach talks for about ten seconds in this video, which is a HYPE video, not a coaching clinic.

TBH, I'm much more encouraged to see him delegating leadership to Myles Campbell.

I'm also happy to hear him talking about running the ball down people's throats and "taking their hearts." Knowing that he's bought into that philosophy tells me more than a three-second clip of him teaching techniques or plays.

It's a hype video for fans.
    Last edited by pete4256; 10th August 2017 at 08:05 AM.

Wouldn't surprise me since he doesn't like releasing other seemingly small bits of info like a realistic depth chart.

Complete opposite from Fritz who welcomed discussion of the "Xs and Os".
    Fritz was happy to talk about techniques, but he painted Xs and Os in very broad strokes, too. And that was in print.

You're not gong to get detailed discussion of blocking responsibilities, read keys, and series concepts in a hype video, for goodness sake.

Enjoy watching Werts cut and Garrett take it to the house. Take a moment to feel sorry for CB #46 (though I think he gets a pick a some point).

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle27 View Post
    That is what I thought when I watched Last Chance U. The head coach never said anything X's and O's. He just yelled at them to play better and harder.
    You're talking about a television show, right?

5. Default Re: The Flight Season 2 Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Coach talks for about ten seconds in this video, which is a HYPE video, not a coaching clinic.

TBH, I'm much more encouraged to see him delegating leadership to Myles Campbell.

I'm also happy to hear him talking about running the ball down people's throats and "taking their hearts." Knowing that he's bought into that philosophy tells me more than a three-second clip of him teaching techniques or plays.

It's a hype video for fans.
    Hype video? IDK, hype videos are not usually called Episodes. I mean there are absolutely hype video aspects in them, but the first video followed a player walking his dog, and another was just playing pool, etc. I am not complaining about that, I enjoyed both videos, in fact I enjoy all the video available to us and I am always looking for more... I was just referencing those videos and other twitter clips, interviews, etc. I understand and appreciate that he has embraced running the ball, but let's face it, he had no choice. I do agree, I like Campbell's leadership roll, well deserved and I am glad the coaches think so, too.

From looking at it, it appears to be our take on Hard Knocks in a somewhat condensed form.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Fritz was happy to talk about techniques, but he painted Xs and Os in very broad strokes, too. And that was in print.

You're not gong to get detailed discussion of blocking responsibilities, read keys, and series concepts in a hype video, for goodness sake.
    I agree you're not going to get that stuff in a video like this- I'm talking more about the 30 minute Blue/White weekly recap shows. When Fritz did them, he always spent 5-8 minutes discussing a piece of technique or gameplanning- really good insight on his strategy and how he utilized it. Now during those segments Summers just breaks down the five (four?) F's of football and what it means to the team.

I agree you're not going to get that stuff in a video like this- I'm talking more about the 30 minute Blue/White weekly recap shows. When Fritz did them, he always spent 5-8 minutes discussing a piece of technique or gameplanning- really good insight on his strategy and how he utilized it. Now during those segments Summers just breaks down the five (four?) F's of football and what it means to the team.
    I definitely had five F's to describe what I was seeing last year....

We have one thread bragging about how tough it will be for Auburn to prepare for us because they don't know exactly what our offense will look like and another thread complaining about the coach not breaking down X's and O's for the world to see. I love football message boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    We have one thread bragging about how tough it will be for Auburn to prepare for us because they don't know exactly what our offense will look like and another thread complaining about the coach not breaking down X's and O's for the world to see. I love football message boards.
    I don't think that Eagle Man was hoping to get several uninterrupted minutes with Cook or CTS explaining anything in detail. Most of those snippets are about 10 seconds anyways and I'm pretty sure you would never get anything useful from that short amount of time.

I think the videos are pretty good overall, but it would be nice for recruits to see a small snippet of the coaches explaining something football-related and not just the coach talking about things not related to football with "Don't Steal" and "Don't rape women" written on the wall behind him.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.