Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Flight Season 2 Episode 1

Default Re: The Flight Season 2 Episode 1

http://www.forgotten5.com/2017/08/10...isode-1-recap/

Recap of Episode 2 tomorrow morning.

2. Default Re: The Flight Season 2 Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I don't think that Eagle Man was hoping to get several uninterrupted minutes with Cook or CTS explaining anything in detail. Most of those snippets are about 10 seconds anyways and I'm pretty sure you would never get anything useful from that short amount of time.

I think the videos are pretty good overall, but it would be nice for recruits to see a small snippet of the coaches explaining something football-related and not just the coach talking about things not related to football with "Don't Steal" and "Don't rape women" written on the wall behind him.
    Exactly, thanks, BB. The videos are great. I do not expect any coaches' to divulge games plans, or break down our X's & O's for the world to see, to think so is just crazy. I am just saying I feel like I never see him in a clip or video talking about actual football, that is probably not a bad thing and I admit I never see him in practice- just an observation.

For example, in Episode 1 around the 7:10 mark you see/hear the assistant coaches talking about football, strategy (NOT giving away important details) and then they go to CTS with his "take their hearts and we will win" motivational gibber-gabber. It just seems like a trend to me, I guess I prefer a little more GATA talk from the HC, lol, idk, again just an observation.

I think that's just the nature of a head coach job. You're really not there for X's and O's. That's what coordinators are for.
    I have serious doubts about Dabo Swinney's X's and O's knowledge, but he's pretty good at the head coach schtick.

Being head coach is like being a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Being head coach is like being a politician.
    I don't think CTS is dishonest.

sorry; this was too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    For example, in Episode 1 around the 7:10 mark you see/hear the assistant coaches talking about football, strategy (NOT giving away important details) and then they go to CTS with his "take their hearts and we will win" motivational gibber-gabber. It just seems like a trend to me, I guess I prefer a little more GATA talk from the HC, lol, idk, again just an observation.
    I think "Get after their *****" and "Take their hearts" are pretty much in line with each other.

Kalima = new gata?

7. Default Re: The Flight Season 2 Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I think "Get after their *****" and "Take their hearts" are pretty much in line with each other.
    Maybe, idk, I guess when I think of Erk's version of a GATA speech and Tyson's "take their hearts" speech I get a different impression.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Maybe, idk, I guess when I think of Erk's version of a GATA speech and Tyson's "take their hearts" speech I get a different impression.
    I think you are just looking for a reason to criticize Summers. In the first video he talks about the importance of running the ball and stopping the run. In this video he was introducing a topic he was about to have a player talk about. It's also pretty petty to point out the 15 seconds he talks each video when you know that he does a lot more than that. He even is watching film in this video. Lastly, you should be glad we're not hearing him say the words "box count" every 15 seconds like he did in every interview last year.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I think you are just looking for a reason to criticize Summers. In the first video he talks about the importance of running the ball and stopping the run. In this video he was introducing a topic he was about to have a player talk about. It's also pretty petty to point out the 15 seconds he talks each video when you know that he does a lot more than that. He even is watching film in this video. Lastly, you should be glad we're not hearing him say the words "box count" every 15 seconds like he did in every interview last year.
    I think you nailed it.

I enjoyed the video, as I mostly like to see our guys running around.

http://www.forgotten5.com/2017/08/11...isode-2-recap/

Recap of Episode 2. Just some light Friday reading.