SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Summers & This Season

1. Default Re: Coach Summers & This Season

The way I look at it, the offense we run is a force multiplier (when it is run right.)

I'm hopeful of 7 or maybe even 8-if we can do a good job with offense.

Of course, defense is probably gonna be average-but that should be OK.

I wijkd LOVE to go back to watching our offense burn other teams and make them melt down! Hopefully, we will see that again-real soon!

Default Re: Coach Summers & This Season

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    The option revolves around the QB. Success depends on execution and having the ability to throw Downfield. Otherwise, opposing defenses will load the box and shut us down.

The 2015 season would like to disagree with that.

Unless we have an injury problem we will not have a tough year on offense. We will move the ball and score points. There is just way too much EXPERIENCED and proven talent not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    not sure about #2., lots of scinarios could play out. If offense is putting 40 points on the board and looking real good but the defense "tanks" and we go 5-7, not sure Cook goes.
    Here's the records for every team that scored 40 ppg last year (in order from highest above 40 to lowest):

11-3
    9-5
    11-2
    11-2
    5-7 (Texas Tech)
    9-4
    10-3
    12-2
    13-1
    8-5
    10-3

The only team to not win atleast 8 games was Texas Tech and they had literally the worst scoring defense in the country last year. There is absolutely no way our defense tanks that bad. So again, unless there is something that happens off the field it's impossible for Cook to be successful and Summers to not. The two are tied together at this point.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Winning with a freshman QB isn't nearly as difficult as it used to be. Especially a redshirt freshman QB behind an experienced and good OL with 2 really good RB's.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    The 2015 season would like to disagree with that.

Unless we have an injury problem we will not have a tough year on offense. We will move the ball and score points. There is just way too much EXPERIENCED and proven talent not to.
    THIS!

Lots of guarantees and impossibilities. If TS's performance ranks low in any meaningful measurable even with a 7 or 8 win season change is possible. A diapointing loss particularly a bowl loss that can be tied to defensive performance we likely move a Paul Johnson protege with more head coaching experience than CJM to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Lots of guarantees and impossibilities. If TS's performance ranks low in any meaningful measurable even with a 7 or 8 win season change is possible. A diapointing loss particularly a bowl loss that can be tied to defensive performance we likely move a Paul Johnson protege with more head coaching experience than CJM to the job.

You guys realize that Summers is the head coach and not the DC right? The ONLY meaningful measurable for Summers is wins. And if he gets 7 or 8 then a change isn't even close to possible. It doesn't matter if the defense is good or bad.

If the defense is bad and we win 7 games then Zo will be in danger of losing his job, not Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    Barring an off the field incident like Freeze or Pitrino, there is ZERO way that CTS is fired after winning 7-8 games. Am I going to be happy with a 7-6 record, No. But after last year's debacle, it's a step in the right direction when we have a very young team and a pretty difficult schedule.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

TS has little to nothing to do with offensive performance. TS and Zo are both gone if we sniff last years defensive performance... it gets more difficult with a true t/o offense to practice with. We'll see how that works out pretty quick.
    Last edited by EaglesFlyFBS; 3rd August 2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: One more point

I still think 3-9 with a 5-7 possibility IF we can score points. That sounds negative, but I'll be sort of ok if we can just show significant improvement from week to week, and make good in-game and halftime adjustments-something we didn't do AT ALL last year
    GATA!