Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flexbone sighting

Default Re: Flexbone sighting

As long as we have a couple of plays that we can run that sets up qb midline without it being super predictable, ill be satisfied.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was some sort of ploy by the coaches just to get into the minds of Auburn and other early season teams we're facing. I think multiple people have said that Cook and Summers have said that we probably wouldn't implement any flexbone/under center offense this year until we understood the shotgun offense well enough to run it, but then the account run by the fb department posts this video 4 weeks before the first game? Seems like mind games to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this was some sort of ploy by the coaches just to get into the minds of Auburn and other early season teams we're facing. I think multiple people have said that Cook and Summers have said that we probably wouldn't implement any flexbone/under center offense this year until we understood the shotgun offense well enough to run it, but then the account run by the fb department posts this video 4 weeks before the first game? Seems like mind games to me.
    gosh thanks for exposing the secret, now everyone will know!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Considering this came form the GATALIFESTYLE account, I thought the same thing...
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

Cook ran alot of plays undercenter at Cal Poly, I would think we would also, at times run out of the flex, just more to prepare for.

Keep Auburn guessing.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Could also be a teaching tool. If some was having trouble grasping a concept, changing the formation and pointing out how they are the same thing could cause a light bulb to go off.

I think the more telling thing is the QB taking the snap.
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    LOL, nah, we are practicing "under center" so when we get to Auburns one yard line in a close game, we will "put this one away" by not fumbling.(smile).
    Coulda gone ALL YEAR without being reminded of that sh#t!!
    GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I think the more telling thing is the QB taking the snap.
    Pretty sure they had to shoot this video 4 times to get one where the QB took the snap clean.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1