SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flexbone sighting

Default Re: Flexbone sighting

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    No......but we did see snapping it 5 yards backwards on the goal line at Athens when everybody in the free world and most communist countries knew who was getting the ball!

When you are on the goal line you do not give the defense a 5 yard head start!

That debacle of a play call at Athens is the single biggest reason I am happy CWF is no longer here.
    Palm to face......

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    We weren't on the goal line.
    I was pulling for GS not UGA!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    Palm to face......
    Knock yourself out while you are at it.

I'll never understand the hate for the shotgun on the goal line. Even if you're under center, the tailback is STILL 5-7 yards behind the ball and the QB has to secure the snap, turn BACKWARD and hand the ball off. It makes no difference unless you want to run a QB sneak...and QB sneaks are ridiculously overrated (see our ****ty attempt at a QB sneak against NC State in 2014). If we handed the ball to Ramsby from the gun, we beat NC State in Raleigh.

The gun also threatens the defense with the zone read keep. I've seen several teams walk into the end zone that way.

being under center is just played out in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'll never understand the hate for the shotgun on the goal line. Even if you're under center, the tailback is STILL 5-7 yards behind the ball and the QB has to secure the snap, turn BACKWARD and hand the ball off. It makes no difference unless you want to run a QB sneak...and QB sneaks are ridiculously overrated (see our ****ty attempt at a QB sneak against NC State in 2014). If we handed the ball to Ramsby from the gun, we beat NC State in Raleigh.

The gun also threatens the defense with the zone read keep. I've seen several teams walk into the end zone that way.

being under center is just played out in general.

Stop with your logic and actual understanding of football.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    I was pulling for GS not UGA!

Same. And it still makes you wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Stop with your logic and actual understanding of football.
    The issue should be motioning the qb out and then snapping it with nothing in the backfield to at least make the defense think about. Not the shotgun snap. There is nothing wrong at all with being in the gun there.

You watch some parallel dimension flexonbe? The bback is lined up nowhere near 5-7 yards back. Also, the RB while in the gun can't start his forward motion to the line of scrimmage until just about the point the QB receives the snap out of the gun.

I know you EA Sports guys love the shotgun, but stop pretending it's giving advantages that aren't there at least.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    You watch some parallel dimension flexonbe? The bback is lined up nowhere near 5-7 yards back. Also, the RB while in the gun can't start his forward motion to the line of scrimmage until just about the point the QB receives the snap out of the gun.

I know you EA Sports guys love the shotgun, but stop pretending it's giving advantages that aren't there at least.
    Ever heard of the pistol?

I am not wrong that we lost the game when we snapped it backwards to a single player in the backfield who had no forward momentum and the defense had time to react to whatever he did.

Of course as always nobody on here can disagree with you and a few others on here.

We ran the play you guys wanted and endorse.

GS lost.

I am sure it made you and the other UGA sympathizers on here happy.