SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Flexbone sighting

Default Re: Flexbone sighting

Yeah, I think Pete is just being a smart *** guys. He knows you can run the draw AND the slow-developing, direct snap wildcat. And that's... And THAT'S it.

AND Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'll never understand the hate for the shotgun on the goal line. Even if you're under center, the tailback is STILL 5-7 yards behind the ball and the QB has to secure the snap, turn BACKWARD and hand the ball off. It makes no difference unless you want to run a QB sneak...and QB sneaks are ridiculously overrated (see our ****ty attempt at a QB sneak against NC State in 2014). If we handed the ball to Ramsby from the gun, we beat NC State in Raleigh.

The gun also threatens the defense with the zone read keep. I've seen several teams walk into the end zone that way.

being under center is just played out in general.
    I'm a traditional flex kinda guy, but as long as the option from the pistol or the gun is run to attack the line of scrimmage or the next option guy i can sell it either way. Yes undercenter and everything happens a step faster and without giving up yardage initially, the pistol and gun, allow a longer read, less interference if there is a major penetration in the A Gap, etc. Regardless as long as we are running downhill all is well, yesterday's scrimmage was better in that respect but still deeper than '14 and 15', the read and then that "bucket step" back, rounding the QBs route, and then some of the pitch relations just drove me nutz last year. I think once we do go undercenter this year we will be there less than 50% of the time but more than some on here think.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    AND Spider 2 Y Banana.
    But is it better to run the china route under center or gun? That is the question.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Yeah, I think Pete is just being a smart *** guys. He knows you can run the draw AND the slow-developing, direct snap wildcat. And that's... And THAT'S it.
    I got that direct from eagleskins. I guess you guys (minus Buzz) don't know true football acumen when you see it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    Inside zone, outside zone, 1 back power, counter, draw, speed option, trap, QB ISO just to name a few.
    Dude. It's 1984. Those plays haven't been invented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    We ran speed option for a TD atleast twice inside the 5 in the bowl game.
    No, those were obviously draw plays. They were QB lead draws, but the RB took the wrong blocking track.

Thank goodness it all worked out.

I was really getting fed up with Fritz's 9-win seasons and averaging almost 40 points a game across two seasons. Thank goodness that bum and his shotgun garbage is gone.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

You're 100% wrong about the RB not having forward motion until the QB has the ball and it makes me wonder what football you're been watching over like...the last 10 years. It's not 1984 anymore.

I mean the flexbone is perfectly fine on the goal line. But it's no better than being in the gun. Not in the least.
    100 percent wrong, huh? The bback hits the hole slower in the under center flex than the shotgun?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Also, the RB while in the gun can't start his forward motion to the line of scrimmage until just about the point the QB receives the snap out of the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    100 percent wrong, huh? The bback hits the hole slower in the under center flex than the shotgun?
    These 2 statements do not say the same thing. He was arguing the first one, and he's absolutely correct. The mesh in the shotgun does not happen with both players standing but arguing about when they can start is irrelevant since neither can start until after the ball is snapped anyway.

I will also say, it's difficult to hit the hole much faster than Breida did.