SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matte Helmets?

Default Matte Helmets?

I've noticed it in practice pictures without REALLY noticing it, but then there's this...

Per @UniWatch, Auburn's season opening opponent - Georgia Southern - will be sporting matte helmets. Previously glossy finished. pic.twitter.com/RWD2puKJdj

— Clint Richardson® (@Clintau24) August 3, 2017

FWIW, Clint is typically spot-on when it comes to uniform stuff. He runs an entire blog dedicated to Auburn's uniforms and has recently started one for UAB, too.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

Default Re: Matte Helmets?

I for one love that look. Been wanting to see that for quite a while.
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

It got posted on Facebook last week and there was the normal torches and pitchforks.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Georgia State University

November 4, 2017 - 3PM EDT (ESPN3)

I personally like it. It still keeps the tradition of the Blue but just with a subtle change and plus it looks great.

I like the idea of it. To me this doesn't change much in terms of tradition. I won't lose sleep over Gloss vs Matte. I do hope it's not considered our alternate uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    I like the idea of it. To me this doesn't change much in terms of tradition. I won't lose sleep over Gloss vs Matte. I do hope it's not considered our alternate uniform.
    I don't mind either one but I prefer those shiny blue helmets
    GATA!

I just figured they were practicing in the matte helmets to keep the gloss ones purty for the first game. Ill be ok either way we go. This wouldn't be considered an alternate. They will save that for a home game.

8. Default Re: Matte Helmets?

I think Matte looks better than the shiny blue helmets. Plus, it might keep the helmets from getting so hot without the glossy coating. Wouldn't be opposed to slapping a White GS on the sides either but I know...tradition yada yada

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    I just figured they were practicing in the matte helmets to keep the gloss ones purty for the first game. Ill be ok either way we go. This wouldn't be considered an alternate. They will save that for a home game.
    I kind of wondered if they weren't practice helmets, too, honestly. I'm kinda hoping they're not.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

10. Default Re: Matte Helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    I kind of wondered if they weren't practice helmets, too, honestly. I'm kinda hoping they're not.
    Full time matte helmets AFAIK.