SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Matte Helmets?

1. Default Re: Matte Helmets?

ESPN will have an easier time calling us gag state with the new look.

Default Re: Matte Helmets?

Nothing looks good in matte.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

For clarification, this is a new deal..but not bad in my opinion. Sooooo here's the deal:

Other than van gorder we never had painted helmets until 2015. Before that, we just used the blue molded shell. Any shiny finish was provided by a chemical called "hi-shine" rubbed on the helmet before kickoff. The last two seasons were a glossy navy paint. And now you see the matte look...which is actually closer in resemblance to the mold look, imo

Secondly, we don't have practice helmets. GS has two sets of helmets, a blue and an alternate. The alternate is sent off to be repainted every year for the new alt. Unless things have changed very recently, we always practiced in the game helmets, soooooo the matte finish could look better in December than the paint or mold look did because it's easier to maintain.

4. Default Re: Matte Helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by GATAonemoretime View Post
    For clarification, this is a new deal..but not bad in my opinion. Sooooo here's the deal:

Other than van gorder we never had painted helmets until 2015. Before that, we just used the blue molded shell. Any shiny finish was provided by a chemical called "hi-shine" rubbed on the helmet before kickoff. The last two seasons were a glossy navy paint. And now you see the matte look...which is actually closer in resemblance to the mold look, imo

Secondly, we don't have practice helmets. GS has two sets of helmets, a blue and an alternate. The alternate is sent off to be repainted every year for the new alt. Unless things have changed very recently, we always practiced in the game helmets, soooooo the matte finish could look better in December than the paint or mold look did because it's easier to maintain.
    Yup. I remember thinking BVG had screwed up the helmets too when I first saw them back when he showed up. They looked almost black. Too shiny.

Old helmets looked better than the painted ones. Old is better than new. I-AA better than FCS, which was better than FBS, which isn't the BCS.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by GATAonemoretime View Post

good points, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    good points, thanks.

I try

Could be worse.

People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Trollol

9. Default Re: Matte Helmets?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Could be worse.

What on God's green earth is that and how do I set it on fire?

10. Default Re: Matte Helmets?

^^Took the words right outta my mouth. Good Gravy!
    "Brent Russell is like the Zohan. And you know what? You don't mess with a Zohan."-Me