Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Frank's recap of the scrimmage

Default Re: Big Frank's recap of the scrimmage

I love Frank as much as a straight man can!
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Frank does a great job covering area sports and in particular GS. If you don't think so just watch the mess they call sports on wtoc. So Frank please keep up the great work. We appreciate what u do for GS and coverage of area sports also. Many thanks.
    WTOC just recently hired Jake Wallace to cover sports now. He is a fellow GSU alum as well so he will likely provide some good coverage for the Eagles.
    ​_________________________________________________ __________________________
    Section LL

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Everything he said was true except the part saying "we'll be all right". That's a subjective prognosis with everything else being supporting facts.
    And . . . . ?

Frank doesn't really try to hide the fact that he's got blue-tinted glasses on - I mean, covering college sports doesn't really require Woodward & Bernstein-level journalistic objectivity.

He does a great job of expanding the coverage of the program, and I'm sure that the volume and quality of coverage is influenced by his allegiance.

I think he does a great job all around.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
    I don't know. I've always kinda liked him. Seems like a good guy. I know he works hard and loves his family. Don't think he has too much free time to visit fancy manicure shops. I've heard he has a voice for television, not radio. He is pretty dang good looking though, I mean...that's what his mom tells him. I know he's a proud Georgia Southern alum.

What's not to like about the guy? Asking for a friend.
    LMAO you're a national treasure Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    How do you hate on a guy and THEN have the nerve to be upset when someone calls you a hater.
    Because we are not teenagers and being called a hater for expressing an opinion is childish. I did not think my statement was negative at all. Some others yes but mine was just an observation, I also would not be completely objective as a reporter IF I was an alum, covered them all the time, was on the broadcast team and went to high school with the head coach. I guess I just hated on myself? So if you post nothing but sunshine and rainbows about someone or something then that makes you a .......

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I watched the entire video. Read every post here. No clue who any of you are talking about?

Anyone who would lug that heavy camera around to a GS baseball game in humid 92 degree weather is a-ok in my book.

8. Default Re: Big Frank's recap of the scrimmage

Big Frank is awesome. Great GSU coverage from him.
    Robbie May
    SOAR - 1995
    BBA - Finance
    Class of 1998

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I mean, covering college sports doesn't really require Woodward & Bernstein-level journalistic objectivity.
    That said, good journalism does have its place in sports. We've got two good ones right now in Aubrey and Anthony.

But Frank does a good job. I'm old enough to remember the great sideline coverage/entertainment Mitch Glicken provided for WTOC, so I appreciate the positivity and energy that TheBigGuy provides through a variety of media these days.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    That said, good journalism does have its place in sports. We've got two good ones right now in Aubrey and Anthony.

But Frank does a good job. I'm old enough to remember the great sideline coverage/entertainment Mitch Glicken provided for WTOC, so I appreciate the positivity and energy that TheBigGuy provides through a variety of media these days.
    Lets face it, he's a multimedia giant.