SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Willie Quitz has regrets..

Default Willie Quitz has regrets..

and an interesting new approach to play calling:

http://www.statesboroherald.com/sect...article/81091/

Default Re: Willie Quitz has regrets..

I was half hammered in my living room and knew the decision was to go for it. I don't even know how that was a "decision" he had to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Fritz is a smart dude.

And if he didnt get the first you all would have hung him.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    And if he didnt get the first you all would have hung him.

I certainly wouldn't have. Losing by 4 and losing by 1 are still both losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Nothing analytical about that. We did not stop them much in the 2nd half, yet we went for the safe play and lost.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Anyone who thinks you can revolutionize football with stats and data the same way you can baseball is kidding themselves. There's just too many moving parts in every single play instead of just being countless pitches. And you aren't going to have enough data on how well one particular team does in certain situations even if you ignore variation between opponents.

If you want to point to a single blunder in that game it's that goal-line play where we went under center and fumbled.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Nothing analytical about that. We did not stop them much in the 2nd half, yet we went for the safe play and lost.
    Yep, but as bad as that was it still wasn't as bad as the play calling and decision making at the end of the UGA game.

IMO momentum plays a big role in that decision too. NCST had basically won the 2nd half of that game and we all knew our defense was gassed. I had zero confidence in our ability to stop them from driving down the field.

Same thing in the GT game. When we got the ball back with just a few minutes on the clock I just knew the game was over because they couldn't stop us. Luckily for them we stopped ourselves and it was just the momentum they needed to flip the script.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreTime View Post
    Yep, but as bad as that was it still wasn't as bad as the play calling and decision making at the end of the UGA game.
    or the forward pass called a fumble in the GT game
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.