TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarrett Stidham struggles in practice

Default Jarrett Stidham struggles in practice

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/au...all-scrimmage/

If you're looking for a ray of hope.

Default Re: Jarrett Stidham struggles in practice

Against their defense which is supposed to be one of the best in the country this year right?

According to some on here, we didn't look so hot on offense either.....so meh.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Georgia State University

November 4, 2017 - 3PM EDT (ESPN3)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Against their defense which is supposed to be one of the best in the country this year right?

ya, i was thinking the same thing. Our #1 struggled too.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

The difference is some people here are acting like Stidham is somehow proven in a significant way while Werts isn't.

I realize Stidham has taken college snaps, but he was playing Art Briles system and he sat 2016 out. In 2015 Baylor was second only to us in rushing yards and Stidham threw the ball 109 times in 10 games. Now does anyone think Briles is going to take some great QB and throw the ball that little and have 2:1 ratio of running to passing plays?

Both QBs have good physical gifts that the fan base is exited about, but there's no guarantee either player will get their respective teams to the heights they would like to be at.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The difference is some people here are acting like Stidham is somehow proven in a significant way while Werts isn't.

I realize Stidham has taken college snaps, but he was playing Art Briles system and he sat 2016 out. In 2015 Baylor was second only to us in rushing yards and Stidham threw the ball 109 times in 10 games. Now does anyone think Briles is going to take some great QB and throw the ball that little and have 2:1 ratio of running to passing plays?

Both QBs have good physical gifts that the fan base is exited about, but there's no guarantee either player will get their respective teams to the heights they would like to be at.
    Stidham got hurt in 2015 and only played in 2 or 3 games.

Just from reports I have seen out of Auburn, don't count Sean White out of their QB race. New QB might be better than having to face White.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

I can tell you remember the Baylor bowl game and looked at the stats and tried to piece the story together there. Stidham was a backup the first 7 games until the starter got injured and he took over. He started the next 3 before getting injured. At that point Baylor was down to their 3rd team QB and went to running the ball. Stidham threw 33 and 27 passes in the 2 complete games he started and had 21 attempts already when he was injured in the 1st half against Oklahoma St.

In the 2 games he started they ran it 78 times and threw it 60. Hardly a 2:1 ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2011fan View Post
    Stidham got hurt in 2015 and only played in 2 or 3 games.

He played and attempted a pass in all 10. Only started 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

He is BY FAR the best QB we will face all year. He is legit.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Well the first 7 games he was playing garbage time behind the starter as Baylor rolled to several 30+ point wins. He only started 3 games after the started was injured, and Stidham only played the 1st half of his 3rd start bc he was injured too. In his 2.5 games as the primary QB he was 51 of 81 for 934 yards and 6 TDs.

EDIT: Had I read down, I'd have seen a few others already corrected you. My input was unnecessary and a waste of my time.