SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarrett Stidham struggles in practice

Default Re: Jarrett Stidham struggles in practice

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEagle12 View Post
    EDIT: Had I read down, I'd have seen a few others already corrected you. My input was unnecessary and a waste of my time.
    Ha! I feel your pain, friend.
    You craft a beautiful post and it's obsolete by the time you're done.
    Then, since you've wasted your time already, of course instead of deleting it, you go ahead and wast another few seconds to clarify that you recognize that you have just wasted your time. It's the only reasonable thing to do at that point.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

He rushing stats are promising for us does not look like he is the next coming of Johnny Football or Cam.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    He rushing stats are promising for us does not look like he is the next coming of Johnny Football or Cam.
    No, he's definitely not. However, he was the #2 DT QB in the nation for a reason. He CAN run, but the obvious preference is for him not to do that.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

Our secondary vs Stidham is going to be an interesting matchup. Even though I posted this article, I'm going to invoke the Allen Iverson Clause and say it's only practice. But it's a bit of news that makes you take a 2nd look at that 35 point line. If our secondary can cause turnovers then it can be a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Our secondary vs Stidham is going to be an interesting matchup. Even though I posted this article, I'm going to invoke the Allen Iverson Clause and say it's only practice. But it's a bit of news that makes you take a 2nd look at that 35 point line. If our secondary can cause turnovers then it can be a different game.
    If Auburn is throwing it enough for that to be a possibility, then it's going to be much closer than that 35 point line. I expect healthy doses of Kamryn Pettway and Kerryon Johnson for Auburn. Most of the passes will probably be the new RPOs Chip Lindsey is installing.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    If Auburn is throwing it enough for that to be a possibility, then it's going to be much closer than that 35 point line. I expect healthy doses of Kamryn Pettway and Kerryon Johnson for Auburn. Most of the passes will probably be the new RPOs Chip Lindsey is installing.
    Those two RB's have me just as concerned as Auburns QB. It's like "pick your poison".

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Those two RB's have me just as concerned as Auburns QB. It's like "pick your poison".

^This. I think what a lot of people don't get is that it's not that people are thinking Stidham is going to come in and take a bunch of losers to the SEC championship (See: Newton, Cam). Stidham is just the "missing link". They have 2 very good RB's running behind a very good OL and the best group of WR's that Malzhan has had there. Now they added a former 5 star QB to that group. It has the ability to be the most balanced offense Malzhan has had and that's what makes Stidham so dangerous.

It's not that people are expecting him to come in and throw it 50 times a game for 400 yards. It's that he can get the ball downfield (see those Baylor stats again where he was averaging 20 yards per completion) when teams load up on the run. If they stay balanced then they are going to be brutally tough to stop. That goes for us, Alabama, and everybody in between.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

I'm concerned about the whole picture. Malzahn has overhauled his staff and is undoubtedly feeling the pressure to re-establish his reputation as an "offensive genius."

His being focused and motivated to blow us out concerns me as much as their talent. If he's overlooking us, he's not a very good coach. And I think it's clear that he is a good coach.

Unlike Mark Richt and Will Muschamp, I don't think he'll try to pound us for 29-35 minutes before taking shots downfield. I suspect he'll come out of the gate trying to break big plays, like PJ did in 2014 and 2016.

Hopefully, we're prepared for either scenario. Under Monken, trying to pound the ball against our defense played to our strengths as a team (which is something Muschamp should have learned from watching film of our 2012 game vs UGA).

Considering how we played against the run last season, maybe a lot of early, unsuccessful shots downfield by Auburn gives us a better chance. I'm still not sure I understand how Summers manages games.

But I still suspect that if they try to pound us, we'll be in better shape.
    Last edited by pete4256; 9th August 2017 at 07:44 AM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    ^This. I think what a lot of people don't get is that it's not that people are thinking Stidham is going to come in and take a bunch of losers to the SEC championship (See: Newton, Cam). Stidham is just the "missing link". They have 2 very good RB's running behind a very good OL and the best group of WR's that Malzhan has had there. Now they added a former 5 star QB to that group. It has the ability to be the most balanced offense Malzhan has had and that's what makes Stidham so dangerous.

It's not that people are expecting him to come in and throw it 50 times a game for 400 yards. It's that he can get the ball downfield (see those Baylor stats again where he was averaging 20 yards per completion) when teams load up on the run. If they stay balanced then they are going to be brutally tough to stop. That goes for us, Alabama, and everybody in between.
    That's what worries me. He's not a Cam Newton or even a Nick Marshall, but they don't need him to be. If he's launching V-2 rockets forty yards past the LoS into the the hands of legitimate deep threats (like he did at Baylor with Coleman and Cannon), then AU will be very hard to stop.
    Last edited by pete4256; 9th August 2017 at 07:44 AM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

OL is the biggest question mark according to most of their fans. We will probably see a lot of guys rotating in and out until they figure out which 5 they want out there.