Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarrett Stidham struggles in practice

Default Re: Jarrett Stidham struggles in practice

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    OL is the biggest question mark according to most of their fans. We will probably see a lot of guys rotating in and out until they figure out which 5 they want out there.
    This is very true. However, it's not because of lack of talent. It's because they're trying to find the best combination of the talent the team has. Still, though, a rotating OL can cause issues that will affect the team's overall production. I think they're only going to rotate one or two players and spots, though.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

I like our secondary a whole lot, and if they can make plays back there I give us a fighting chance. Unfortunately they will be going against a very talented unit.

Long, long odds folks.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    I like our secondary a whole lot, and if they can make plays back there I give us a fighting chance. Unfortunately they will be going against a very talented unit.

Long, long odds folks.
    The receivers are pretty average by SEC standards. Which of course means they'll probably still be better than most units we'll face all year (Phil Steele rates Indiana's receiver unit higher FWIW). But I hardly think they'll be able to run circles around our guys.

Here's the "wild cards" for the game.
    1. Can we be strong on offense out of the gate a la 2014.
    2. Will we come up with a decent defensive game plan.
    3. How well will Chip Lindsey and Gus Malzahn's modified system work with Stidham.

If all 3 of those go our way, it'll be close. If none of them do, we'll lose by five or six touchdowns.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    The receivers are pretty average by SEC standards. Which of course means they'll probably still be better than most units we'll face all year (Phil Steele rates Indiana's receiver unit higher FWIW). But I hardly think they'll be able to run circles around our guys.

3. How well will Chip Lindsey and Gus Malzahn's modified system work with Stidham.

If all 3 of those go our way, it'll be close. If none of them do, we'll lose by five or six touchdowns.
    Part of the reason for the receiver ranking is because they're almost all freshmen or sophomores. They're also part of one of the best WR classes in the nation in 2016 and there's a ton of talent there ready to break out.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

When it comes to talent their WR group is far above average. Even for the SEC.

In the past 3 years they have signed 6 WR's that were 4*.
    Last edited by half-n-half; 9th August 2017 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

If we can't get pressure, we won't be able to handle any P5 receiving corps.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

Quote Originally Posted by AUgradGSUgradstudent View Post
    Part of the reason for the receiver ranking is because they're almost all freshmen or sophomores. They're also part of one of the best WR classes in the nation in 2016 and there's a ton of talent there ready to break out.
    This really isn't even "their year". With the amount of underclass men talent they have its 2018 that they should be talked about as a national title contender.
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    This really isn't even "their year". With the amount of underclass men talent they have its 2018 that they should be talked about as a national title contender.
    But Stidham is draft eligible after this year as well as Pettway, are they not?
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

But Stidham is draft eligible after this year as well as Pettway, are they not?

Yeah but I'd be shocked if Stidham leaves after this year nomatter how good a year he has. Pettway will leave early, but there is talent behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Yeah but I'd be shocked if Stidham leaves after this year nomatter how good a year he has. Pettway will leave early, but there is talent behind him.
    Is this a good year for QBs to enter the draft? Not really sure who else is expected to enter.