Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

  1. #11

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    I think they have close to the same shot that we have to beat Auburn. So basically...they should go in looking to win but will probably come out glad they put on a good show(they hope) while learning what their current game time strengths and weaknesses are.

  2. Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    I hope UGA crushes them. A UGA win and no one blinks an eye, an App St win and it'll be the talk of SportsCenter, and a direct weapon for them in recruiting.

    I think App keeps it close for a half. But UGA's defense is going to give Lamb fits.

    38-13 UGA

  3. #13

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I hope UGA crushes them. A UGA win and no one blinks an eye, an App St win and it'll be the talk of SportsCenter, and a direct weapon for them in recruiting.

    I think App keeps it close for a half. But UGA's defense is going to give Lamb fits.

    38-13 UGA
    Ah... But if we both win... what will sport center be saying about the Sun Belt? And how hyped will the game between us be in October if we both continue to win?
    THAT is what I want.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Ah... But if we both win... what will sport center be saying about the Sun Belt? And how hyped will the game between us be in October if we both continue to win?
    THAT is what I want.
    This would be awesome

  5. #15

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    This would be awesome
    Won't matter. We beat app st when they beat Michigan. It never gets mentioned. Yet you still see and hear about apps win. They beat us when we beat Florida. Nobody cares.

    Also there's no guarantee we are any good. Last thing we need is for them to beat UGA and run the table including crushing us. They're already rolling in recruiting the state of Georgia.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Hoping Appy wins by 100
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  7. Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    I despise App State, but I despise UGa even more. Consequently, I hope UGa trashes the Mounties. Can they both lose the same game? Like someone said, I wouldn't want App to get that win before the Eagles.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    Won't matter. We beat app st when they beat Michigan. It never gets mentioned. Yet you still see and hear about apps win. They beat us when we beat Florida. Nobody cares.

    Also there's no guarantee we are any good. Last thing we need is for them to beat UGA and run the table including crushing us. They're already rolling in recruiting the state of Georgia.
    We were FCS for both of those games. We nor App could legitimately be ranked as an FBS team back then (even though app got votes it was basically just for fun). You're right though...no one is going to care about one fcs team beating another unless you follow fcs football, which 80% of football fans don't do. If both of us win this year though, it gives ESPN talking points and if we kept winning we'd both definitely be in the top 25 come our game and both would be vying for the access bowl spot.

  9. #19

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    I want App to win a close one. THEN I want it uncovered that one of App's players was ineligible and they have to forfeit the win. Or the meteor, yeah..
    GATA!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,931

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    Won't matter. We beat app st when they beat Michigan. It never gets mentioned. Yet you still see and hear about apps win. They beat us when we beat Florida. Nobody cares.

    Also there's no guarantee we are any good. Last thing we need is for them to beat UGA and run the table including crushing us. They're already rolling in recruiting the state of Georgia.

    If we BOTH win it would definitely matter. Like somebody else said you are talking about FCS football, but the second part is that in both the Michigan year and the Florida year the other team didn't have a P5 win under their belt.

    And to your second point, IF we beat Auburn then there's your guarantee that we are good.

    So yes, if App was to beat a top 15 UGA and we were to beat a top 15 Auburn to start the season then both us and App would be very good teams and it would set in motion a possible collision course game later in the season that the SunBelt has never seen before. Now with all of that said....both us and App are starting the season 0-1.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •