SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

  1. #21

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    If we BOTH win it would definitely matter. Like somebody else said you are talking about FCS football, but the second part is that in both the Michigan year and the Florida year the other team didn't have a P5 win under their belt.

    And to your second point, IF we beat Auburn then there's your guarantee that we are good.

    So yes, if App was to beat a top 15 UGA and we were to beat a top 15 Auburn to start the season then both us and App would be very good teams and it would set in motion a possible collision course game later in the season that the SunBelt has never seen before. Now with all of that said....both us and App are starting the season 0-1.
    +1

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hinesville, Ga
    Posts
    1,326

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    If we BOTH win it would definitely matter. Like somebody else said you are talking about FCS football, but the second part is that in both the Michigan year and the Florida year the other team didn't have a P5 win under their belt.

    And to your second point, IF we beat Auburn then there's your guarantee that we are good.

    So yes, if App was to beat a top 15 UGA and we were to beat a top 15 Auburn to start the season then both us and App would be very good teams and it would set in motion a possible collision course game later in the season that the SunBelt has never seen before. Now with all of that said....both us and App are starting the season 0-1.
    Yep. This pretty much sums it up.
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

  3. #23

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    I hope App hangs 70 on them because I am not so blinded typical fanatical idiocy I understand it helps the perception of the conference and we play App and not thUGA this year. Lets see is beating an undefeated likely top 25 App team better or a playing a one loss got crushed by uga out of the top 25 better...hmmmmm....so hard to figure out. I also hope they do it to shut up the smug SEC fans that are even apparent in this thread.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I hope App hangs 70 on them because I am not so blinded typical fanatical idiocy I understand it helps the perception of the conference and we play App and not thUGA this year. Lets see is beating an undefeated likely top 25 App team better or a playing a one loss got crushed by uga out of the top 25 better...hmmmmm....so hard to figure out. I also hope they do it to shut up the smug SEC fans that are even apparent in this thread.
    Wait a minute, now....I was told in the other thread App State left us in the dust after they beat Michigan? Why think it's good for them to beat UGA? I basically agree with you, with the caveat that if it's the same Sun Belt team beating Power 5s every year that doesn't help the conference.

    Now anyone that would hope our conference front-runner would lose to Wake Forest at home, you are definitely short-sighted.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cumming, Georgia
    Posts
    7,532

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Maybe Kim Jong Un has one of his nukes pointed at Sanford Stadium on that day....

    Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

  6. Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    I hope App hangs 70 on them because I am not so blinded typical fanatical idiocy I understand it helps the perception of the conference and we play App and not thUGA this year. Lets see is beating an undefeated likely top 25 App team better or a playing a one loss got crushed by uga out of the top 25 better...hmmmmm....so hard to figure out. I also hope they do it to shut up the smug SEC fans that are even apparent in this thread.
    I am a blinded fanatical who admits I would prefer to see GS beat UGA and gain a top 25 ranking before App State. Whatever perception the SBC could gain from App beating UGA, I would gladly a sacrifice for another year if it keeps App from having that over GS. JMHO. FWIW, beating UGA or getting "crushed" are not the only two possible outcomes for App.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Maybe Kim Jong Un has one of his nukes pointed at Sanford Stadium on that day....
    You can't spell Guam without UGA!

  8. #28

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    You can't spell Guam without UGA!
    POTY
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

    Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Wait a minute, now....I was told in the other thread App State left us in the dust after they beat Michigan? Why think it's good for them to beat UGA? I basically agree with you, with the caveat that if it's the same Sun Belt team beating Power 5s every year that doesn't help the conference.

    Now anyone that would hope our conference front-runner would lose to Wake Forest at home, you are definitely short-sighted.
    Considering we dont have any beating P5 teams consistently any would help. Any more than two and it is not just a Boise situation.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Goathumpers vs. Fleabags

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I am a blinded fanatical who admits I would prefer to see GS beat UGA and gain a top 25 ranking before App State. Whatever perception the SBC could gain from App beating UGA, I would gladly a sacrifice for another year if it keeps App from having that over GS. JMHO. FWIW, beating UGA or getting "crushed" are not the only two possible outcomes for App.
    Who cares if its one or 20 points it will likely keep App out of the top 25 and they will have an additional loss and there is no guarantee thUGA will ever play us again. Saban light might follow his daddy's philosophy of not playing instate G5 schools.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •