Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of changes while students were away

Default Re: Lots of changes while students were away

I will say, I've gotten a ticket since leaving Georgia Southern.....I just laughed all the way down the road with that one though.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by SigEp614 View Post
    I don't even think they enforce the graduation rule. I graduated 6 years ago and still have 3 outstanding tickets. I have my diploma and they sent my transcripts to my grad school, no questions asked.
    I'm tellin'

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but back in the day I would decline to register my vehicle and park all year in visitors areas which tended to be situated well for my classrooms.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

4. Default Re: Lots of changes while students were away

You all should be ashamed.

I had a couple unpaid tickets and got booted once while parked in Free Parking at the RAC, I was flabbergasted that they found and booted me there since it was a free lot. Apparently when they got bored they would ride through the free areas and run tag numbers.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by SigEp614 View Post
    I don't even think they enforce the graduation rule. I graduated 6 years ago and still have 3 outstanding tickets. I have my diploma and they sent my transcripts to my grad school, no questions asked.
    Yep, its amusing that all these people think the admin side of southern is efficient enough to pull this off. Not a chance in hell can 2 sides coordinate that kind of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2011fan View Post
    Yep, its amusing that all these people think the admin side of southern is efficient enough to pull this off. Not a chance in hell can 2 sides coordinate that kind of effort.
    They are. They just choose not to, too many other things going on that time of year.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    If they are caught, they will be more broke.
    O.C.G.A. 40-2-5 (2010)
    40-2-5. Use of license plate for purpose of concealing or misrepresenting identity of vehicle; use of expired prestige license plate

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, it shall be unlawful:

(1) To remove or transfer a license plate from the motor vehicle for which such license plate was issued;

(2) To sell or otherwise transfer or dispose of a license plate upon or for use on any motor vehicle other than the vehicle for which such license plate was issued;

(3) To buy, receive, use, or possess for use on a motor vehicle any license plate not issued for use on such motor vehicle; or

(4) To operate a motor vehicle bearing a license plate which was improperly removed or transferred from another vehicle.

(b) Any person who shall knowingly violate any provision of subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $500.00 or by confinement for not more than 12 months, or both.

(c) It shall not be unlawful for any person to place an expired prestige license plate on the front of a motor vehicle provided that such vehicle also bears a current valid license plate on the rear of such vehicle.
    http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/...ticle-1/40-2-5
    If...I think they understand that. I know the folks that had everything paid for by do not get what us broke college students went through. I got a total of $50 support the entire time I was in college. I probably would not do it but I know plenty of folks that would have.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If...I think they understand that. I know the folks that had everything paid for by do not get what us broke college students went through. I got a total of $50 support the entire time I was in college. I probably would not do it but I know plenty of folks that would have.
    I received zero support and worked 2 sometimes 3 part time jobs while I went to school. If I could get away with not paying a stupid parking fine or buying something I didn't absolutely have to have, I did. And yes, as a poor working college student, beer and food money(in that order)was more important than parking decals. Of course that's the old me and we didn't have all of this technology to catch us back in the 80's.
    That said, I honestly think technology is sterilizing our kids. Too many cameras, social media, etc.. Big Brother is here and he came in the form of a cell phone!! Heck my kids won't rebel, sneak out, break any rules or do anything to "buck the system" for fear it'll end up on facebook or instagram. People tell me I have wonderful, well-behaved kids and lots of kids I see are the same way! I think they're sanitized and boring-which is good if you're the parent, but I do wish they had a little more privacy these days. Not everything needs to be facebooked! JMO
    GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    People tell me I have wonderful, well-behaved kids and lots of kids I see are the same way! I think they're sanitized and boring-which is good if you're the parent, but I do wish they had a little more privacy these days. Not everything needs to be facebooked! JMO
    You've noticed this too, then. This may be the first teenage generation in over a century not to be called a threat to society.