SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of changes while students were away

Default Re: Lots of changes while students were away

My son is a student at Auburn and he has made the decision to not get a parking pass this year. But them he can just walk less than 50 feet from his off campus apartment and ride Tiger Transit to campus every school day till 8:00 PM every day. After 8:00 Tiger Transit will only pick up on campus and deliver off campus. If he drive to campus he drives his bicycle.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Yes but the master plan is being redone per President Hebert when the merger with Armstrong was announced. Also being a civil engineer, I have seen the wetland and flood plain maps of the South Campus.

You can see on the map that the area directly across veterans from the entrance is almost all wetland area so I'm not sure how they are planning to extend a road across veterans into the swamp. They could always get a permit to remove the wetland but that is a very expensive and lengthy thing to do.

Yes, I realize a Master Plan always has some aspects that are either shelved or redone, but I don't think the Akin's extension will change much, if at all.

It's not like they all of a sudden realized the land has some mitigation issues they may need address.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Yes, I realize a Master Plan always has some aspects that are either shelved or redone, but I don't think the Akin's extension will change much, if at all.

It's not like they all of a sudden realized the land has some mitigation issues they may need address.
    IIRC there are wetlands behind Carroll and COBA, they may find ways to incorporate some into the South Campus plan, and then only buy offsets or whatever for a smaller portion. Also, i believe there was about $4 Million in the state budget this past fiscal year for infrastructure over there, I personally have no idea what or how much that will get you, but the funds were allocated.

That is my point. They know what is on that property. Part of the Master Plan calls for a greenway extension & trails, and I'm absolutely certain they've already done hydraulic surveys.

I have no doubts that the Armstrong consolidation has altered plans but it may just be reordering precedence of projects and things of that magnitude. I'm sure before an inch of dirt is turned the appropriate environmental impact will have been completed.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

5. Default Re: Lots of changes while students were away

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Broke college students...it would also take less than a minute to switch tags.
    If they are caught, they will be more broke.
    O.C.G.A. 40-2-5 (2010)
    40-2-5. Use of license plate for purpose of concealing or misrepresenting identity of vehicle; use of expired prestige license plate

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, it shall be unlawful:

(1) To remove or transfer a license plate from the motor vehicle for which such license plate was issued;

(2) To sell or otherwise transfer or dispose of a license plate upon or for use on any motor vehicle other than the vehicle for which such license plate was issued;

(3) To buy, receive, use, or possess for use on a motor vehicle any license plate not issued for use on such motor vehicle; or

(4) To operate a motor vehicle bearing a license plate which was improperly removed or transferred from another vehicle.

(b) Any person who shall knowingly violate any provision of subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not less than $500.00 or by confinement for not more than 12 months, or both.

(c) It shall not be unlawful for any person to place an expired prestige license plate on the front of a motor vehicle provided that such vehicle also bears a current valid license plate on the rear of such vehicle.
    http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/...ticle-1/40-2-5

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyBoy View Post
    My son is a student at Auburn and he has made the decision to not get a parking pass this year. But them he can just walk less than 50 feet from his off campus apartment and ride Tiger Transit to campus every school day till 8:00 PM every day. After 8:00 Tiger Transit will only pick up on campus and deliver off campus. If he drive to campus he drives his bicycle.
    I'm a current GS student and I park at Paulson and catch the bus. Parking pass is expensive and also I got a ticket two years ago I refuse to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post

I'm a current GS student and I park at Paulson and catch the bus. Parking pass is expensive and also I got a ticket two years ago I refuse to pay off.
    If I'm not mistaken any outstanding tickets must be paid off before you graduate.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

8. Default Re: Lots of changes while students were away

I honestly used to park in the lot between Education and IT and I would back in so nobody could see if I had a pass or not. I would only get caught maybe 4-5 times a year and have to pay a $25 ticket each time but it was still cheaper to just get parking tickets and pay them off than it was to buy a $160 parking pass. Now you can't do that anymore thanks to the parking nazi technology they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I doubt that. The Commuter Lot passes are very inexpensive. It was $160.00 for the whole year.

Who would waste time taking their tag on and off?
    you underestimate the power of the college students mind.....Back in the day, $160 would have bought alot of beer at The Knights, The Flame, or at Johnson's!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I honestly used to park in the lot between Education and IT and I would back in so nobody could see if I had a pass or not. I would only get caught maybe 4-5 times a year and have to pay a $25 ticket each time but it was still cheaper to just get parking tickets and pay them off than it was to buy a $160 parking pass. Now you can't do that anymore thanks to the parking nazi technology they have now.
    Yes, shame on them for changing to stop people from circumventing the rules...
    OAS AAS LLS