Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Video - New Eagles Nest

1. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

I have no idea what the **** y'all are talking about anymore.

Look, I don't like the CTS "schtick" either, but it doesn't mean he won't be successful in the future.

Sure, most of us knew we were ****ed the exact moment we hired CTS and shouted it from the rooftops. However, I'm not foolish enough to think that a modest turnaround isn't POSSIBLE. I didn't say HUGE turnaround, just modest.

This guy did one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen in 2016 and still somehow won 4 games (I'm not counting SSU) so he has nowhere to go but up.

At least he has a competent staff and coherent offensive scheme this year... supposedly.

Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

IMO, Summers did the best thing any GSU HC could do - he hired an offensive coordinator from the Paul Johnson coaching tree along with offensive position coaches that had a very similar fundamental approach. Ideally it would have happened last season instead of this season, but didn't because of the whole contract fiasco so it is what it is. Last year was a disaster, and he is working to correct it. He was not stubborn about it - he took action, and took smart action. If you cant see that, then you're never going to be happy with anything the man does, unless he somehow proves that he had a ticket to game at Womack Field.

There are times the CEO of a company is going to have to make some important decisions on their own, but most of them are only going to be as good as the people they surround themselves with. CTS has seemingly corrected most of the personnel issues from last year, I'm going to give him one more season before I rule him out.

I personally think we'll be pretty good. We might get thrashed by Auburn but I think we come back and woop UNH and beat Ark State by 20+ at home on national TV.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    There are times the CEO of a company is going to have to make some important decisions on their own, but most of them are only going to be as good as the people they surround themselves with. CTS has seemingly corrected most of the personnel issues from last year, I'm going to give him one more season before I rule him out.

I personally think we'll be pretty good. We might get thrashed by Auburn but I think we come back and woop UNH and beat Ark State by 20+ at home on national TV.
    I dont think he was the CEO last season, if he was he would have landed Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    Maybe I'm all wrong about this. Maybe GS would be a 45 point underdog to Auburn if we didn't have such a bible-thumping, "character building" coach. Cause vegas builds in that kind of stuff when evaluating which team wins games, and by how much. Gosh, I need to re-evaluate things. We probably lost to ULL at homecoming by fewer points than we should have because of all the God stuff. And praise Jesus App State only scored one touchdown on us using a mocking Option play. Hallelujah.
    If you have a problem or concern with TS you could always send him an email. I sent him two last year and he replied to both of them (after the season). I would recommend that it be courteous, coherent and proofread.