Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video - New Eagles Nest

1. Default Video - New Eagles Nest

Highlights from 1st scrimmage and Little eagles Camp

https://youtu.be/guZdUCDQAso

2. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

"if we are going to be an option team". This is the third time I have heard this from Boomhaurer/junior samples. What does this mean? Why does Boomhaurer keep saying "if" we are going to be an option team?

3. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

"Got to be able to sit there and......". When any of you apologists for this clown can translate for him, please let me know. LIstening to his interviews is like watching Idiocracy.

Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    "if we are going to be an option team". This is the third time I have heard this from Boomhaurer/junior samples. What does this mean? Why does Boomhaurer keep saying "if" we are going to be an option team?
    I'm gonna go with "explaining what is required to be an option team" and not speaking hypothetically.

"Got to be able to sit there and......". When any of you apologists for this clown can translate for him, please let me know. LIstening to his interviews is like watching Idiocracy.
    I can understand every word he says, like everyone who doesn't have unconditional hate for the guy.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

5. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Speaking the truth doesn't equal hate. Junior Samples will hopefully catch up with Cook and the rest of the offense before kickoff on the Plains.

Speaking the truth doesn't equal hate. Junior Samples will hopefully catch up with Cook and the rest of the offense before kickoff on the Plains.
    Use the GUS doll to show us where Summers hurt you. A rational fan can be skeptical of Summers' ability to improve, but unabashed criticism of everything he says doesn't exactly make you seem like we should take any of your thoughts seriously.

7. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

If you accept Tyson Summers as a legitimate successor to the Russell/Johnson/Monken/Fritz lineage of proper GS coaches I just strongly disagree. Use that Gus Doll and any other prop, statistic, or opinion to convince me that Tyson Summers is a competent coach at the FBS level. He had better talent than EVERY OTHER SUNBELT TEAM (including NFL campers Koo, Crockett, Ukeme, Gallon, Breida, and Johnson) and won four FBS games. Call me a hater, question my objectivity, designate me a "hater". Jaybo Shaw would have won more games as GS head coach in 2016.

8. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Is there anyone on this board who will articulate the opinion that Tyson Summers is a good (not poor, not fair, not excellent) but just a GOOD head coach? Please let me know anyone who will state affirmatively that Tyson Summers is a good FBS head coach.

9. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Use CCeagle's doll, or stats from 2016, or interviews of coach Junior Samples, or video of game footage, or any other available data to argue that Tyson Summers is a good FBS coach. I would love to be proven wrong.

Is there anyone on this board who will articulate the opinion that Tyson Summers is a good (not poor, not fair, not excellent) but just a GOOD head coach? Please let me know anyone who will state affirmatively that Tyson Summers is a good FBS head coach.
    That's fair enough. That at least comes off as rational, even if someone disagrees with you.

I think it can objectively be said that Summers hasn't proven that he's a good coach yet. But it's also fair to say that a good amount of people aren't good head coaches from year one and that Georgia Southern isn't exactly in the position where it can just break out its wallet and start over as soon as there's an issue.

Actually using the guy's name also helps keep the discussion productive.