Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video - New Eagles Nest

Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    Speaking the truth doesn't equal hate. Junior Samples will hopefully catch up with Cook and the rest of the offense before kickoff on the Plains.
    What "truth" are you speaking here?

You are apparently the only person that has trouble understanding Summers, including other people who don't seem to miss a chance to take a shot at him here.

Also, Pro Tip: Calling the coach a "clown" or "Boomhaurer" (whatever the heck that is) is not a great way to try and get people to see your point of view.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

2. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

If you don't know who Boomhauer is, here you go.

https://youtu.be/2GGA1a4nyVs

3. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Admittedly, Boomhauer is probably more articulate than Summers. But, you know, I'm just sitting here, I am, certainly, uh, hoping that we will be able to try to be able to pretend to be a FBS Team this year. I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    Admittedly, Boomhauer is probably more articulate than Summers. But, you know, I'm just sitting here, I am, certainly, uh, hoping that we will be able to try to be able to pretend to be a FBS Team this year. I am.
    I'll tell you what, man. Dang ol' junior samples, man. Talkin' all up everywhere about dang gotta be TOUGH, TOUGH, TOUGH! And I'll tell ya, I will, when you dang ol' just sit there and look at the Xs and Os and standpoints, and the workin' hard and the gettin' better, it's just dang nonsense, Hank.

I don't think that's what Summers sounds like, but it was a fun exercise to try to hear things the way you hear them.

5. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Legitimate question: is Summers closer to Boomhauer or Saban? Or Johnson? Or Fritz? Or Monken? Or the head coach of Tift County JV? Who does he sound more like? Or more specifically, who does he communicate better than on that list?

6. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Any more "pro tips" would be greatly appreciated.

He sounds like a guy who knows full well that 5-7 doesn't fly. And he sounds like a guy who has taken steps to try and right that ship, but that isn't going to proclaim everything to be fixed before there are any wins or losses on the board.

I honestly don't know what he could say that would make you happy. Was he really supposed to just do the honorable thing and throw himself off the top of the stadium when last year was a bust? Is it cowardly of him to continue cashing those paychecks and making changes to the coaching staff and how he approached fall camp when he should have never shown his face to you again?

You can say that he doesn't communicate well or that he gives non-answers. But when you're already distancing yourself from having to give credit by talking about how all of the new coaches will be the ones to get things right, it gives off the impression that your opinion shouldn't matter to anyone since Summers has and will always be a lost cause to you.

8. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

If anyone on this board has any "pro tips", I would encourage you to share them with Summers. He doesn't do well against teams coached by a wide receiver coach turned head coach for five days.

9. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Assume you are the head coach of Georgia Southern last fall, and you lose to ULL at home on Homecoming. Assume you have ten days to get your team ready to play against Georgia State, with all your injured players back, in the Georgia Dome in a virtual home game (more GS fans than State fans). Wouldn't you bring the best defensive game plan you could possibly concoct, against an interim coach that heretofore had never been a head coach and had been the WR coach until six days prior to our game? Wouldn't you come up with some sort of offensive game plan to take advantage of Kevin Ellison, Favian upshaw, Matt breida, l a ramsby, Wesley fields, b j Johnson, Montay Crockett, Myles campbell, young we koo, and others? Wouldn't you be able to leverage the anger and emotion from losing the worst defeat ever at Paulson Stadium against a compromised Ga State Team? Wouldn't you be able to figure out a way to defeat a team that won only one other game against a Sunbelt team all year? William James Middle School's coaching staff could have taken care of that business. But to point this failure out is to be a "hater" and requires "pro pointers".

Football ain't that complicated. I don't need pro pointers to analyze this cluster **** of a season.

10. Default Re: Video - New Eagles Nest

Nothing Summers says matters. I give zero ****s about what he says or doesn't say. What he needs to do is win football games. His bible studies don't matter. His "trust building" doesn't matter. His pompous, pious "character building" doesn't matter. If he runs a proper college football program, the lifting/practicing/studying will necessarily build character and discipline. Bible thumping and chest beating about all the "character" issues is just a distraction from the failures of the essential task of winnng football games.