Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too Many Logos, Not Enough Brand?

Default Re: Too Many Logos, Not Enough Brand?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Except that pretty much everyone uses a different logo for the University and Athletics.

It seems most schools use 3 logos (University, Athletics, Secondary Athletics/other)
    Auburn actually just this year has discontinued the Samford Hall silhouette logo for Academics and is going to only using the interlocking AU for all things in part because of the "brand" issue.
    Avatar = True Blue sign, standing under the Bill Clinton statue in Pristina, Kosovo, and smoking a cigar.

-Walt Austin, Forgotten5.com

How much would cleaning up the "Brand" cost, and implement a stragetic push across the SE?

I was going to keep this hush hush but come Jan 2nd we will have a new logo, kind of catchy. It will be of a Eagle wearing a Pirates hat, black eye patch and one of his wings will have a hook and one of the Eagles legs will be a peg leg, after all it is "The New GS". Now that logo wont be confused with ANY other University in the nation!

Quote Originally Posted by Savannahkid View Post
    This has always bothered me. If the athletic department is adidas then the bookstore should carry a full line of adidas apparel. When we played up at UGA the store was 75% Nike and then some cheaper off brands. They didnt have any UGA adidas, Under Armour etc.
    Agreed that we should have more Adidas stuff. But we are already having enough trouble as it is trying to find good GS stuff. To say we can only have Adidas stuff, or limit the amount of Nike, UA, etc that is sold would be counter productive.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Agreed that we should have more Adidas stuff. But we are already having enough trouble as it is trying to find good GS stuff. To say we can only have Adidas stuff, or limit the amount of Nike, UA, etc that is sold would be counter productive.
    We should be partnering with our official apparel provider to increase available offerings. (More choice)

We should also enforce the Identity Standards. (Better quality)
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I was going to keep this hush hush but come Jan 2nd we will have a new logo, kind of catchy. It will be of a Eagle wearing a Pirates hat, black eye patch and one of his wings will have a hook and one of the Eagles legs will be a peg leg, after all it is "The New GS". Now that logo wont be confused with ANY other University in the nation!
    Go to your room!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We should never have went away from using the medallion logo in athletics. IMO we should use the medallion logo and the Cole Swindell/baseball "GS" logo. That's it. None of this silliness that we need separate logos for academics or baseball or whatever.
    Exactly, it has been nothing but cartoonish garbage since...IMO. Another hit by Grube and Baker...

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

As someone who sells GS Apparel, I agree. I've personally had to sit down with multiple vendors and show them which logos were and were not acceptable. I created the Under Armour GS logo. They didn't even know it existed. Everyone wanted to give me the GS with the eagle head in it. After I told them that wasn't used anymore, they were shocked saying no one had told them that before and they sell it to multiple vendors. I only sell 2 as of right now. Will probably one sell 2 and then just Georgia Southern spelled out on a sweat shirt or something. I like the GS. Always have (Since the early 90s). The other is the athletics logo with Georgia Southern spelled out. I want everyone to know about Georgia Southern. I like the medallion logo, just not a fan of it on clothes as much. Love Strutting eagle though. I had all kinds of stuff growing up with that on it.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We should be partnering with our official apparel provider to increase available offerings. (More choice)

We should also enforce the Identity Standards. (Better quality
    )
    Did I say somewhere that we shouldn't be doing those things?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    Go to your room!
    OK, but trust me, not as far fetched as it sounds.(smile)