Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Single game tix available today and perspective from old season tix holder

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

So 1 example in the past 5 years is all you could find? If that's the case, my point is proven. Especially with the yearly coaching carousel.
    Didn't you ask for only one example?

Default Re: Single game tix available today and perspective from old season tix holder

If our President had been here longer than a few months CTS would have been a first year head coach that was fired. There would have been a line of coaches that wanted to replace him since we have a $30 mil budget.

The only mystery is how the AD got a raise and extension.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Default Re: Single game tix available today and perspective from old season tix holder

Show me 1 example of a new HC in any level of college football being fired after 1 season. With the exception of being fired over a scandal or NCAA violations. Just for poor performance.
    I don't care if no other college football coach has never been fired after one season!!

Summers was in charge of a team that could have had a tremendous year - instead they had a terrible year...

A team that had a number of players who had beaten Florida three years ago, by all rights beat Ga. Tech and except for a fumble & questional call on NC State's goal line in the fourth qtr probably beats them two years ago and except for questional call on a muffed punt in the second half probably beats Georgia one year ago...

He totally failed the players especially the seniors - not to mention the fans - due to abysmal coaching and based on his performance last year he didn't deserve to be Ga. Southern's head coach for another year...

The Eagles were one of the most dysfunctional football teams I can remember ever watching play...

With that said, I hope he learned a lot from last year and think he may have due to the offensive assistants he hired...

I think and hope as much as half-n-half that we may have a tremendous season and that Summers becomes an outstanding HC for us for many years...

Oh, I am wrong about what half-n-half thinks - according to him if Summers has several outstanding seasons he will probably be leaving...
    Last edited by Blue Eagle; 19th August 2017 at 02:16 PM.
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soweagle View Post
    Didn't you ask for only one example?
    I honestly didn't think he would find an example so I asked for only 1. Considering there are likely 20+ firings at the DI level annually, he had to go back 5 years to find 1 example. That's over roughly 240 schools. Ok maybe it's lower, 10 a year, the others move on to other jobs. That's 1 in 50.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 19th August 2017 at 02:05 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I did some digging last year and couldn't find any examples beyond Ellis Johnson at USM. I don't want to say there's no circumstance when you make a change after 1 year, but it needs to be a pretty big catastrophe. USM in 2012 was.

My worry last year was that what kind of OC would want to work with a coach whose seat is going to be hot and is on the current contract CTS is? Well, since then most of that fear has evaporated.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

6. Default Re: Single game tix available today and perspective from old season tix holder

I honestly didn't think he would find an example so I asked for only 1. Considering there are likely 20+ firings at the DI level annually, he had to go back 5 years to find 1 example. That's over roughly 240 schools. Ok maybe it's lower, 10 a year, the others move on to other jobs. That's 1 in 50.
    You asked for one. I gave you one quit crying.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    You asked for one. I gave you one quit crying.

Because you can't find others.

8. Default Re: Single game tix available today and perspective from old season tix holder

Because you can't find others.
    I'll provide you with a Kleenex if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post
    I think and hope as much as half-n-half that we may have a tremendous season and that Summers becomes an outstanding HC for us for many years...

Oh, I am wrong about what half-n-half thinks - according to him if Summers has several outstanding seasons he will probably be leaving...

Well no ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    I'll provide you with a Kleenex if that helps.
    Sorry I can't help you because: