SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GS Seats at Auburn

Default Re: GS Seats at Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by YoungAlum15 View Post
    The UF win was one of the greatest days of my life. A lot of my friends backed out right before the trip so I almost didn't go. I would've really regretted not going to that so I always try to make it to a game like this one coming up. The odds are a lot different this time but man just imagine if an upset were to happen in Auburn. Hey crazier things have happened in sports. Either way, I just love watching the Eagles and our fans show up ready to rumble in an away stadium. Hope we show up on the field and in the stands.
    Yes indeed, that was a truly awesome experience. I believe they will know we are there both on and off the field. GATA!
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    You're never going to get good away game tickets through our ticket office. It's not their fault, they can only sell what they are sent from the other institution. I was told directly that buying regular season away tickets through our ticket office does not help our athletic department at all. So now I buy the best seats I can afford from other sources.
    That's interesting. For the Clemson game next year, when the payout was announced, ticket sales through the school were said to be a part of it. That's the only reference I've seen to it though.

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2015-0...l-game-clemson

The teams will play on Sept. 15 in Death Valley. GSU athletic director Tom Kleinlein said Southern will earn $1.1 million plus receive tickets to sell, which would sweeten the deal by approximately another $100,000.
    I embrace the bad seats though. If we stay in a big group, it's easier to get a really loud group of fans cheering. If we're dispersed, you lose that effect.

How many GS fans are expected to attend this game? I know at one point after the 92 game at AU we were on record, if im not mistaken, as having the largest visiting crowd to date at Jordan Hare. Then they started doing home and home with Bama.
    1989 15-0 National Champions

"Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have" Erk.

4. Default Re: GS Seats at Auburn

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    That's interesting. For the Clemson game next year, when the payout was announced, ticket sales through the school were said to be a part of it. That's the only reference I've seen to it though.

I embrace the bad seats though. If we stay in a big group, it's easier to get a really loud group of fans cheering. If we're dispersed, you lose that effect.
    After we are up by 3 touchdowns late in the 4th quarter, you can probably have your pick of seats. Just be aware that you will probably be in range of the sprinkler system.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post

I was surprised to hear that too. I even asked for clarification. I am in no possession of insider information. I just asked and that is what I was told by someone who should know. I don't see how though we could possibly make $100,000 selling their tickets. At any rate one might call and ask as I did and see what they are told.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

If anyone needs any extra tickets i have some available for sell I just had a buddy change jobs and he cant make it..so i have 3-4 extras here.

sec112 row 21

Quote Originally Posted by wborst View Post
    Section 111 Row 29 15-21. For those interested, there are some parking spots in the thach/wire tailgate area which is a great area- ticketnetwork I think
    I am going over Thursday and try to get my RV in the "Hay Field". It's first come first served...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Auburn offering $20 tickets to football season opener.

On Monday, Auburn is offering tickets for $20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT for the Sept. 2 game with Georgia Southern. As part of the promotion tied to the solar eclipse, anyone who purchases a ticket to that game on Monday will receive a free pair of Auburn sunglasses to be picked up inside of Jordan-Hare Stadium on the day of the game.
    Tickets can be purchased online at AUBTIX.com or by calling the Auburn Athletics ticket office at (855) 282-2010.
    http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/ind...rt_river_index

Still have time to get a ticket to the game.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Just isn't worth buying the away game tickets from our ticket office (besides SBC, IMO) unless you want to sit with the GSU fans. I did StubHub for dwags, Auburn, Ole Miss, etc. Great seats. One of these days we'll get an upset again. Hope it's at Indiana and/or Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    I am going over Thursday and try to get my RV in the "Hay Field". It's first come first served...
    That's where we are gonna be.
    Scott Sandhagen
    Printing Management 1998
    Brooklet, GA