SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ALL FBS STADIUMS GOOGLE EARTH 3D

Default Re: ALL FBS STADIUMS GOOGLE EARTH 3D

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    They played a couple of games with the small schools there in Macon. A full Friday slate of games and a full slate of games on Saturday at Georgia State's field. The broadcast crews have been crowing over the facilities. Biggest problem is that the seats are put in at an angle... Southern fans will be ragging on it soon enough, but at least they play on a field with State's name on it.
    Visiting seats face the field. No spots for a band from what I could see though.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    Visiting seats face the field. No spots for a band from what I could see though.
    They'll be in the corners more than likely, like the HS bands were last night.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Georgia State University

November 4, 2017 - 3PM EDT (ESPN3)

3. Default Re: ALL FBS STADIUMS GOOGLE EARTH 3D

Just FYI, it looks like you posted the double posted the ACC stadiums for the B1G

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    They'll be in the corners more than likely, like the HS bands were last night.
    Just saw a shot that proved me wrong.
    Last edited by EagleTrump; 19th August 2017 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    They played a couple of games with the small schools there in Macon. A full Friday slate of games and a full slate of games on Saturday at Georgia State's field. The broadcast crews have been crowing over the facilities. Biggest problem is that the seats are put in at an angle... Southern fans will be ragging on it soon enough, but at least they play on a field with State's name on it.
    I don't get the constant ragging on the stadium seat angles other than its something to keep simple minds entertained. The seats on the home side are parallel to what was the third base line. Anyone that says they go to a sporting event of any kind and keep their head angle/line of sight perfectly perpendicular to their chair, I want to call BS on in a big way. Are a good portion of the seats not squarely aligned with line if sight...sure. Are any of those 'misaligned' seats more than 6-8 degrees from perpendicular to a perfect line if sight? Doubtful. They've made a silk purse from somewhat of a sow's ear. If you think we wouldn't have done the same under similar circumstances you're kidding yourself.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

GS fans, 2014: "lol GAG State doesn't have their own stadium hahaha"

GS fans, 2017: "lol GAG State has an old repurposed baseball stadium hahaha"

It's probably gonna be one of the nicest facilities in the conference

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    I don't get the constant ragging on the stadium seat angles other than its something to keep simple minds entertained. The seats on the home side are parallel to what was the third base line. Anyone that says they go to a sporting event of any kind and keep their head angle/line of sight perfectly perpendicular to their chair, I want to call BS on in a big way. Are a good portion of the seats not squarely aligned with line if sight...sure. Are any of those 'misaligned' seats more than 6-8 degrees from perpendicular to a perfect line if sight? Doubtful. They've made a silk purse from somewhat of a sow's ear. If you think we wouldn't have done the same under similar circumstances you're kidding yourself.
    In all honesty most of the seats are probably perfectly fine. It looked on TV as if there were just a few that looked terrible unless the ball were near the homeplate endzone

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    In all honesty most of the seats are probably perfectly fine. It looked on TV as if there were just a few that looked terrible unless the ball were near the homeplate endzone
    Worst seats honestly will be the ones down low. They'll have issues seeing over players more than likely.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Georgia State University

November 4, 2017 - 3PM EDT (ESPN3)

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    I think it comes down to 2 things:

that little bit of OCD we all have that thinks football stadiums should more or less be 'symmetrical' and feature architectural lines that are predominantly oriented parallel and perpendicular to the field, and

the fact that you can't 'un-know' that it had a previous incarnation as a baseball stadium and therefore immediately recognize the 'retrofit' nature of this adaptation. If you never knew or saw that, it would just look like a stadium that had been expanded multiple times.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Serious question: Does CrApp's stadium look like a toilet bowl?
    GATA!