SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armstrong practice

Default Armstrong practice

Anybody attend that posts on here? What was the event like? Was there a decent turnout from Armstrong?

Default Re: Armstrong practice

WTOC Savannah did 15 seconds after high school roundup showing clips of practice. Looked to be maybe 50-75 people in bleachers watching. No mention of meet and greet or other activities surrounding the evening. Likely they and other statuons will air more tomorrow when there aren't so many local hs team scores to recap. Said it was to raise the Savannah fan base and cited fact that Paulson was unavailable tonight because of high schools using the field.
    "Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Sir Winston Churchill

3. Default Re: Armstrong practice

They passed out t-shirts, pizza, and drinks at the entrance. The format was typical of our regular practices with the exception of the athletic staff addressing the fans at the beginning/end. I would guess there were around 90-110 in attendance. Competition was high, but the players for the most part stayed off the ground. The gap between Shai and LaBaron didn't quite appear as large as a few weeks ago (a good thing) and Monteo continues to impress. After practice we received some words from CTS, Tk, the armstrong President, and our very own,President Hebert, who shared a nice story about Erk Russell and beautiful eagle creek. Then the players signed autographs and some played corn hole with fans while prizes were given out.

Kind of an odd-looking scene...
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I attended and thought it was a great turnout. In addition to Dr Hebert and the interim Armstrong President speaking, the Mayor was there. And he stayed around for quite a while.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

How many former Armstrong folks showed up? If there is a way to even tell that.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

7. Default Re: Armstrong practice

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I attended and thought it was a great turnout. In addition to Dr Hebert and the interim Armstrong President speaking, the Mayor was there. And he stayed around for quite a while.
    Great to hear... do you think we will do it again going forward? I like the inclusion of that campus for various sporting events.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Great to hear... do you think we will do it again going forward? I like the inclusion of that campus for various sporting events.
    They said they would, I could see a few more during the season.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    How many former Armstrong folks showed up? If there is a way to even tell that.
    A fair number of current Armstrong students there...i mean free pizza right!? It was good to see people in maroon picking up GS gear. Great idea, well executed. Practice looked crisp and the new OC has zero tolerance for a half assess effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

Kind of an odd-looking scene...
    I get wanting to look professional, but when you are running a football practice in 100 degree heat index, put on a t-shirt and gym shorts like every other coach would do.

This also kind of reminds me of the episode of The Office when they are having the Rabies awareness 5k and Michael makes Kevin run in a suit because he forgot his clothes. (Not saying Summers is dumb like Kevin. Just saying that's the only reason I can think he would be in that)